Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, October 20, 2008

Wedding Weekend Recap

So, we attended a wedding on Saturday night for a dear ol' high school friend, Jason Folks.

They're all lovey-dovey, getting used to new words like "husband" & "wife". So cute.

....and then there's us...
"Are you really that stupid?"
"I'll kick you in your teeth right now."
Yeah....it's been almost 5 years. We express our playful love in a whole different way. "Idiot" really is a term of endearment.

______________PICS OF WEDDING________________
Well, here are Damon & I BEFORE the wedding...


The reception was held in the downtown/West End area at a place called Level Two

I'd never been there before. Loved it. Very lofty, and surprisingly---not on the 2nd floor of any place. Hmmm....

The bride's cake...


The groom's cake(s)...


Jason & Samantha (who, I only just met for the first time on Saturday, and is a total DOLL, by the way!)

And yes, sadly, that is the only pic I have of them in the same frame.
:( I ran out of camera space at the wedding because I hadn't unloaded the memory card...

Anyway...it was just wonderful to get to go & I really can't wait to hang out with them again in the near future.
:)

What else did we do this weekend?

Hubby got my car inspected....

Hubby took Gage to the mall so they could buy his new love: Billy Jealousy Hydroplane shave gel. You know the boy's in love if he will make a special trip to the mall for anything...

Ate dinner out on a date. How fun. We went to a restaurant called "The Butcher Shop" in the West End. The whole place needs Gordon Ramsay's help. Yes, it does. The bread was good...the spinach & artichoke dip was okay (still, to me, the best spinach & artichoke dip is at Copeland's). The garden salad was good. My main course was the salmon with crap & shrimp. Mediocre at best. Hubby's filet....he gave me a bit, and I believe my response was: "I wish I could pay someone to finish chewing this bite & swallow it for me". Yes, that's how UN-good it was to me. And his "twice baked potatoes" were a heap of luke warm loaded mashed potatoes. But--ya know--if you run a steak house, don't skimp on the sides. Splurge & buy real bacon for your potatoes. The bacony-taste of Bak-Os is soooooo not the same. In fact, I love bacon, hate Bac-Os. And for the price of a steak house---I give it a big "WTF" for our entire meal.
Now, let's talk decor: are you a restaurant? are you a nice steak house? or, are you a sports bar? The painted walls with old English paintings...paired with the flat screen tvs & the Texas-Mizzou game.....really? it was just...very incongruent. And for a minimum of $22 a plate (that was the cheapest price I saw...), I just expected a nicer experience. I'm just sayin'..... And, I told my mom about this whole experience, and she was surprised, saying it used to be a nice place. Look, if I bothered to get dressed up for dinner---I don't want the table next to me to be filled with 3 guys wearing bluejeans & rooting for the home team, mmmmkay?

Moving on....
Saturday & Sunday were spent doing a paper. I have a 20 page paper due at the end of the semester. The babysitting professor is having us turn it in at various times throughout the semester in various parts. I have a 10 page policy analysis due in my Monday night class. So, I went to the Mother in Law's house for peace & quiet while Hubby stayed home with Gage. And, I got it done.

Not much else to report at this time....

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 7:59 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

You look so pretty!
Sorry your dinner was so disappointing, sucks.
Hope you have a great week,
K

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Yeah. Glad you got that all done. Nothing like being way ahead of a deadline. Are we still meeting this week?

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Beautiful pic of you two!
And we have the same convos at our house. :)

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

You look gorgeous.

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

That's crazy!!!! We LOVE the Butcher Shop in Little Rock! We used to go there every Father's Day! Bummer! The bride's cake...SOOOO looks like something you would have! =)

 
At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you and your hubby!

 
At 3:09 AM , Blogger Laura said...

You looked beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your busy weekend!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Angel said...

You look FABULOUS!!!! and i love the Bride's cake....wow

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Well you look soo very gorgeous! The cakes look lovely too.

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

's funny about the restaurant because we went out to dinner to what was supposed to be a nice place ($22-25 per entree) and THEY had the game on too, LOUD, like "I can't hear you!" loud. Piped throughout the entire deck outside. When we asked them to turn it down, they looked at us like were were insane.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home