Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My child, or what?

So....night before last, I agreed to let Gage stay up a little later than normal.
But, the deal was: when it was time to get bed---straight to bed. I didn't go through the rocking & story routine. It was just: into bed. Night-night, and I went to my room.

...and then I heard the door to his room open, and the door SLAM shut. He stomped his little feet to my door, opened the door & SLAMMED that door too. While tapping his foot he exclaimed, "NO ONE ROCKED ME! Are YOUUUUUUUUUU going to rock me?!"

While I probably should have gotten onto him for slamming doors & talking to me that way....well, it was just...so damn dramatic & funny that I said, "Yes, I am!" & I of course acquiesced his request.

Oh....I just CAN'T IMAGINE where he gets this behavior.... I just can't imagine where....

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 7:23 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Oooh, the attitude on your face in that picture is priceless! LOL

Rock as long as you want - it only lasts for a little while...

 
At 2:19 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh my...love the photo!

 
At 4:17 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I started sending Zakary to bed to wait for me to come to tuck him in. I just get so tired of the long drawn out bed time routine. Now that he shares a room with Zain, it works out well. As long as we discuss what he will dream about that night, he pretty much goes to sleep...after that last minute drink of water, that is.

 
At 6:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo and recently I started (back) rocking big boy to sleep for nap time. He loves it and actually that's when I get a chance to really talk to my two year old. I also pray over him at that time as well.

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ha, love the picture.

 
At 7:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! Get out of bed Momma and Rock him!!! LOL Too cute!

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

LOL, little kid attitude is more adorable than it should be sometimes! I love the look on your face in the photo!

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

You are TOO precious!!! And so is your little man!!

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, poor little sweetie!

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

How funny is that. He definitely is full of personality. I love it!

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

Ha...sometimes they just make it too hard to not give in!! And in the long run I think we'll all be more content knowing we went ahead and rocked them. Love the pic...too funny!

 
At 4:06 AM , Blogger GoteeMan said...

If I picture is worth 1,000 words, that one is worth at least 2,000... love the expression...

HA! Thanks for the laugh/smile on a difficult day...

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Kaycee said...

How cute!! Total attitude :P

That's adorable that he still allows you to rock him though..aww!

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

hehehe. I gotta laugh. My little apple doesn't fall far from the tree either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home