Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, October 13, 2008

Great News! Late News!

Well....last night, I was informed in writing, that the results of my mammography indicate that I do NOT have breast cancer! ....well, and then of course the following sentence reminds readers that 10-15% of all breast cancers are not detectable through mammography. Can you say, "CYA"???

Anyway...that is delightful news & then I did something to the voicemail on my cell phone, and just learned this morning that I missed a phone call from Dr.B's office on Friday, and somehow I never listened to the message, but skipped it, and just heard it this morning. So, they're off the hook for not calling.

I know that I was just uber-freaked out because I went in expecting a 20 minute appointment with one mammogram & possibly one ultrasound, and ended up leaving about 3 hours later with 2 mammograms & ultrasounds of both breasts & both armpits & it just sent my mind spinning in the direction of "worst case scenario".

But hey---they're....what? 85-90% certain that I don't have breast cancer, and well, that combined with what my super-smart-super-great-friend Susan told me just makes me feel better. SHE said that they (mammographers/radiologists, whatever...whoever THEY are) have a difficult time with mammography results of women under the age of 35 b/c the breast tissue is so dense & the actual mammogram images can be difficult to decipher & sometimes require the ultrasounds just to get a better view of what's going on in the dense tissue. Now, keep in mind---this is my interpretation of what she said, so if I have it wrong, Susan, feel free to correct me! I just know that you made me feel better. So, that's good.

Anyway...I'm sure Dr.B's office & I will play phone tag for a little while. But, who the hell cares? My tatas are not cancerous, so they can't possibly have anything earth-shattering to talk to me about. [don't anyone go there with other scenarios that they could call & drop on me.]

:)
And---the paperwork from the mammogram place at the hospital---well, it arrived on Friday. I had no idea. Hubby just assumed it was a bill so he put it on top of the TV cabinet. Well, I'm only 5 feet tall, so I can't really see what's on top of the TV cabinet all that well, and I just happened to reach up there to straighten the pile of mail that's been up there for a few days. So, I got the good news last night.
Woohooo!

14 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Yeah!!! I knew it would be good news.

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

YAY!!

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

That's awesome news! Glad to see that everything is okay!

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh Yay!!! That is fantastic news! So glad you are clear! :)

 
At 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!

 
At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww Honey I am so glad the news is good! YAY!!!!

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

WOO HOO!! YAY!!! SO glad your results are normal. :)

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

So glad to hear that you have answers and that they are HAPPY answers!! Yay!!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Angel said...

HOW MUCH FUN TO YOU GUYS HAVE???!! Damn, I wish I lived near you!!!!!

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Great news chick. I just got a reminder in the mail yesterday to say I am due for a mammogram... great!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

yay!
glad to hear it!!

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure whatever it was is something minor.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Mummy M said...

Hooray - so glad to hear this news!! I found a lump under my arm a few years ago and that turned out to be a cyst.


Kx

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Okay...so I totally feel dumb for not reading the results post. Great news!!! So glad for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home