Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Mommy"



"Mommy". Quite possibly the first word a little boy will say, the beginning of a lifelong conversation with his mother. In between childhood and adulthood many words will pass between a mother and a son, some in love, some in anger, some in sadness, and others in joy. Their bond will forever affect the way he'll view women. But it's in a mother's eyes that a son will remain forever young -- and forever cherished.
~ from a description of the book Mothers & Sons, A Celebration in Memoirs, Stories, and Photographs by Jill Morgan



Today is October 15th, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Rememberance Day. I don't need a special day each year to miss Masyn, but it's nice to have a day just to recognize our situation, because we're not alone. It's been almost 15 months now since our pregnancy ended. Our life as a family has gone on. I trust that there is a plan for us, and that for now---this is the plan. A mommy, a daddy, and a son. For now, this is us. And although at times I still struggle with the understanding of our loss of Masyn & all that we missed out on---today I'm going to try to focus on my blessings, the blessing of my son, and the great privelege it is to just get to be his mom.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 6:23 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Sending you lots of love and support. Yes, I agree, it is sad to have such a loss, it is good to have a day when we all know that we are not alone.

God Bless.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Emily said...

I love your attitude! I can only imagine how hard it is to lose a little one but it shows great strength to be able to be thankful for what you do have even when you've lost something or someone that is so important.
Thanks for welcoming me to the blogging world! It was kind of you to take time to say hi!
Emily

 
At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. May God comfort you as you remember your loved one. Girly you've got a soft spot in my heart! I don't even know you that well...but I love and appreciate you and God does too!
God Bless,
Carmen

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

thinking of you!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Love said...

perfect perspective. =)

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Cristina Mathers said...

very poignant. and you have a great outlook. it's very inspiring for me. thank you for sharing.

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Thanks for helping me remember, that it's ok to remember. Thank you Lainey.

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Thank you...

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I think that is a great way to look at it. Thinking of you and I think you are a terrific mother.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

You always bring tears to my eyes when you post about things like this.
*HUGS*

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

First of all, our posts for today are very similar! Secondly....I LOVE THAT FIRST PICTURE!!!! Gage was such a little guy..and OH SO SWEET!

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Ah Lainey, been thinking of you lots. I want you to know that I wrote Masyn's name on one of the balloons I released at our Walk to Remember. I hope you don't mind, I was just thinking of you and so many of my friends who have lost their sweet babes.
Hold your little boy tight, fill your nose with his sweet boy smell today.
take care,
K

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Angel said...

what a lovely post. Sending hugs and love your way....my sister in law just had a misscariage last night. :(

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Check my latest post, I have given you an award.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home