Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Festival @ the Arboretum

Today, we went to the Dallas Arboretum. It's close enough to my house that we could walk there....except....how am I going to cross Garland Road with a stroller? Um, I'm not.

So, we went early....well, relatively...Gage slept late today (which hardly EVER happens), so we didn't get there super early....but, relatively early.

Tera & Aubri took a raincheck on this outing. Tera works on Tuesdays now, so she would have had to scramble to get there, get home, get ready for work, etc.

So, it was me & Gage, & Leslie & Sadie-bug.

It was kind of cool when we left the house, but it was soooooooooooo hot when we were there. Leslie & I were miserable. Luckily, I dressed in layers, so I could take my sweater off. Totally looked like trash with my bra straps showing with my tank top. So what? It was more important to prevent myself from heat-stroke than it was to be fashionable...

Anyway.....pictures from today....








Wheeeeeeeeeeeeere's Gage?
There he is! And just so you know, right after this picture was taken, he rolled all the way down the hill just for fun.


They had a maze erected out of bales of hay. Gage had a blast. We started the day with maze, and we ended the day with the maze. Even after Leslie & Sadie went on home---we remained at the maze. At one point, I got so hungry, that we ventured over to this little eating cart/place, but they were cash only. I'm so not a cash kind of gal! So, that's when we went back to maze to finish up our playing...


The maze was seriously Gage's favorite thing there.

And then---I ran into Taylor. I went to high school with her. I was friends with one of her big sisters, Kenzie. I found her blog some time ago, and what a small world to run into her & her little girls. She was there with some of her friends & their kids. We all went to high school together.
:)
And---she's a photographer, so if you live in the DFW metroplex, and need a photographer, check out her website...
www.taylormademessages.com

It was a good day!
After that, lunch via drive-thru at Boston Market...came on home...and Gage went down for a "rest". I can't call it a nap because he NEVER went to sleep.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

Cute pictures!! Looks like a fun place.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

We haven't went this year but we went all the time when hubby worked for TI. They were always having free days.

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Cash? Do they still make that stuff?

And what a great place!

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Looks like an awesome time - I have GOT to find a maze around here!

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That pumpkin silo thing looks so cool! What a fun place.

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I am definitely not a cash girl either. I would have starved to death! Looks like a great time. So fun.

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I'm not cash person either. So I would've starved; however, I have learned to keep an extra diaper and wipes and a protein bar in my purse. Diaper and wipes not for me. :)
Anyway, cute pics!!

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Stefanie said...

What I a cool place to go!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

looks like a great time!!

 
At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun!! Love the pictures and my boys would have loved the hay bale maze too!! oh yeah...the cash thing....i never have it. Never. And every time i run into a situation where i need i tell myself that i will start carrying a little bit on me but it just never happens. o well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home