Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Babies, Babies, Babies!

Today was one of Ginger's showers for her new babies! Well, the babies aren't due until September, but you have to be prepared for an early arrival with twins!

She's been told so far that they are both boys...but there's been some question about one of them because it took so long to locate the parts...what if it was really just part of the umbilical cord, and really it's a boy & a girl???!!!!

Anyway...the shower was today, and Gin got sooooooooo much stuff. Mostly clothes...and crib sheets. Holy cow did she get some crib sheets!

The shower was hosted at her Aunt Pam's house...and the bedrooms there were soooo cute. I was ready to just move right in!






She's 27 weeks...



And THIS little doll...

Oh, I got to hold her for a while. It felt so good to hold a baby again!

It was a great time.

Background on Ginger's family & my family.
Her grandparents were friends with my grandparents.
Her parents were friends with my parents.
My parents bought her grandparent's house when they built a new house.
So, I grew up in Ginger's grandparents old house...which happened to be down the street from Ginger's house, and Ginger's Aunt's house. Our neighborhood was small---only 3 streets total. So, we grew up together. Ginger was one of my very first friends when I moved to Garland. In fact, she & Courtney were the only friends I had that first Summer there. So....I've known Ginger since I was 10 years old.
:)

And now....now she's going to have twin boys! How VERY exciting!!!!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 4:41 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Is it just me or are all your pictures coming up as red squares for anybody else?

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

How fun....Ginger is too stinkin' cute!! I read her blog also and she is going to be such an amazing Mommy!! And what a neat story behind your friendship! =0)

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I was going to mention what Zephra said - your pictures come up as little red squares for me, but only on my feedreader (bloglines)...when I come to your actual page, I get pictures.

How cool to have lifelong friends like that! And, I love the centerpiece - great idea!

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Laura said...

WOW - looks like the shower was so much fun. Love the smiling mom-to-be!

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

Looks like it was an awesome time! Twins WOW, that's going to be an eye opener!

 
At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes....11 sheets to be exact! And almost none of them came with a gift receipt. I know I have two cribs, but I sure don't need 11 crib sheets!

I am going to post pictures of all the clothes and other stuff later today.

I am so glad you came. I am definitely going to have to figure out a way to get to see you more!

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

I love holding babies too. Their baby smell gets me every time!

Looks like you all had a great time!

Kimmy

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Aww! It looks so fun. She looks so pretty.

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

How neat that you have had a friendship with her and her family so long. I will have to check back later to see if I can see your photos though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home