Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Monday...

Monday...got up, went to work.

When I got home...
Hubby went to play poker.
He has not gone to play poker....gosh, in MONTHS. MONTHS.

So, Gage & I got our new stroller, and walked to the park.
It was not too hot...just right temperature-wise. But, boy, was it ever muggy & humid out!

Park pics...

You know what I miss? I miss his his little fat baby legs...the ones that weren't shaped so much like a little boy & they weren't covered in bruises. They were covered in rolls of fat. Those are the little legs that I miss. I love these legs too, and I love these little knees. I love that they are strong & work just like they were designed to....but I miss the sweet, fat, baby legs that he used to have.



Gage goes to this little area, and scoops up bark/mulch from the playground. He pretends to run an ice-cream shop & sells me bark ice-cream. Which, of course, I pretend to eat...




Air bubble over Gage's head for this photo: "Hey, look! Some stupid punk thought it would be cool to write on the playground equipment. Um, yeah, he's really a big shot whoever he is. He ruined my mom's picture. Big peanut-head!" [that's Gage's form of name calling. He calls people "peanut-head" & thinks it's just soooooo funny.]


And remember...I commented on how muggy it was...and we walked 2 miles (to the park, played, and home from the park) so my hair was out in the humidity. It started out as a straight-haired low ponytail. It didn't end up looking that way...
Um....I was lookin' goooooooooooooooood when I got home!


:)

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:08 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Lovely 'do! I know that look all too well with this Texas heat and humidity!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Love said...

i know what you mean. i'm overflowing with gratitude for their healthy little bodies, but miss their floppy heads or chubby thigh rolls sometimes!

you're still gorgeous! =)

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

holy cats he's gettin big!!!!!!!

it really has been a while since i've visited regularly

love the hair do.
mine's looked worse on a day w/ no excuses!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I think Gage is so adorable! He is really, really precious. His face is so sweet! Love those lips...

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

OH yes. My hair does the same fun thing. AND I love love love hanging with Ben at the park....he is a slide machine lately!! Those are the cutest pics!!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I think your hair is lovely like that!!! Seriously, I like wavy hair...but not so much on me. Gage is a doll....oh, and you know I know all about some chubby legs!!! ha!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

Okay, even with humidity hair, you're still just cute as a button :)! Serious! And I'm lovin' Peanut-Head...hehehe. I know a few of those, too...

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

What terrific fun, I love him holding out the cone and his name calling! My girly still calls everyone 'Gumbo'. kids are so weird, and cute.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

So much fun. The park is always a good time. And just so you know, my hair would have ended up WAY worse than that! You still look HOT!!! :)

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

It was way to humid yesterday. Better than the storms we are going to get today. I was trying to figure out what park you went to. Can't tell but I noticed the writing on the equipment before you mentioned it.

My first though? Mr. Clean Magic eraser would clean that right up. I am such a Mom.

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I've been talking about the changes in Little Elvis' legs this week and how much they've thinned out. It's so noticeable now that it's warmer and he's not dressed in pants. I miss the chubby legs, too!

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Mummy M said...

I can't believe how big he has got. What a sweet boy!

K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home