Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Update....

It's Saturday morning.
He's out of surgery now. Well, in fact, he got out of surgery last night, but I was too busy & then too tired to blog about it.

There were more clots in his bladder.
Dr.S removed those, and found 3-4 small areas where he was bleeding. So, he cauterized those. He came back to his room after recovery & he still has the Murphy Drip going, but they've slowed it waaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

So, after Hubby's surgery when he was in Recovery, I went on home & let the dog out. I made quite a few phone calls.... I placed a to-go order @ Chili's, and went to pick it up.... got gas in a shady place, so I made Melissa stay on the phone with me. Funny thing: she's in Saint Louis. I told her, "stay on the phone with me b/c I have to get gas, but it's shady here." She said, "Well, I don't know where you are if anything happens!" I was at the Valero in Dallas....Gaston & Fitzhugh, after dark. Thos who know Dallas will know....

Anyway....this morning, we're up. I'm about to leave the hospital & go home, let the dog out, feed him, and then drive to Rockwall to get Gage & take him to an Easter egg hunt with my grandparents. I'm exhausted & I want to just stay asleep, but I know it will do both Gage & I some good to get out & spend some time together. Also, Susan & David are planning to take Gage this afternoon/evening to do something fun, like Chuck E Cheese pizza! Woohoo! I already know this though: he is probably going to be weird about going with them, but once they get down the road & get to having fun, I just know everything will be okay with him. The last time they came over, he was shy at first, but then---he opened right up. Also, he had to go to bed while they were still at our house. The next day, the first thing out of his mouth was "where's my susan? where's my megan?" He was asking about David & Stephen too....so, I know that he'll have fun with them!

Okay....that's all for now.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 6:29 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I'm so glad they were able to stop the bleeding. That's great news. Hang in there, sweetie.

And yeah, I know the Valero you're talking about...you're a brave, brave girl!

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Still going thru all this. Hang in there. ((((cyberhugs))))

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Hang in there love... Remember.. God only give us what we can handle.

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I am SOOOOO glad everything is better. I just hope it keeps getting that way. Be sure to get some sleep tonight though. And yeah, bad bad area. I used to live not far from there...back in my really poor days. Glad you made it out alive.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That is so scary!! I'm glad they were able to stop the bleeding, but I hate that you guys have to go through all this.

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

On a side note, my prayers must sound so funny!

"God, please bless my blogger friends..."

and then I usually list them by blog name...must give God a chuckle!! :)

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Honey I know exactly what you guys are going through. My heart goes out to you. The clots are painful to the patient and scary for family members. Dad had the same return to the ER and was put on the Drip because he did not let the first surgery heal. This was a few years back. Take things slow very slow when he goes home. Make sure when they let him that he drinks LOTS of water that will help prevent clots when at home.

Big Hug!

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Glad to hear things went well in surgery. Fingers crossed it all settles down now. Prayers and best wishes.

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

That really is just too bad that hus had to go back to surgery. I never heard of a Murphy Drip, we just call them CBI's Continuous Bladder Irrigation at our hospital. I am glad the docs were able to stop the bleeding. I hope hus gets to go home on Easter.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

*****HUGS*****
Thinking of you.
Stay strong, girlie.
xo

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

Good luck getting through the next few days. I'll be thinking about you.

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh.. that doesn't sound fun at all..

uggghhhh...

I'm sorry...

hugs

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Hope the cauterization fixes the problem.
And it's wonderful that you have so many people to take care of and give Gage a good time while all this is happening.
Take care of yourself - you must be running on near-empty by now...

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger C. said...

Hang in there....don't wear yourself out, take time to breathe....sounds like you've got it covered, but remember to be gentle on yourself!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home