Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ding Dong Sing Song.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Better on ONE?"
"Better on TWO?"
"Better on ONE?"
"Better on TWO?"

What is it about optometrists & that sing-song "better on one? better on two?" bit? Seriously. When they were in one of their many eye classes, do they have a special voice training section where they all practice talking like robots?

The voice was starting to creep me out this morning at the eye doctor, so I found that you can break the vicious cycle by cussing at the optometrist & telling him, "they both look like shit." That really breaks their concentration, and all of the sudden, the man who entered the room was back. He'd been temporarily snatched by the robot sing-song voice man, but suddenly he was back.
Oh, and another thing that bothers me at the eye dr: the letters. Guess what, I read the line perfectly with my right eye. Cover that one up & ask me to read w/ my left? Well, the letters are blurry as hell, but since I have the ability to recall a 4-letter sequence that I just said aloud about 1/2 a second ago, I knew that the letters were still ENVP. So....I tell him that. To F*ck with me, he switches it up & throws something in there that isn't a letter at all. It was a square. WTF? I kept telling him that it was either an "O", or a "D" or a ZERO...or, maybe even a "G". Nope. It was a square.
Hey....I never claimed to be smarter than a 5th grader.

Anywhoooo....had my eye exam this morning.
Got the Rx for contacts & glasses.
I wear my contacts....about once every 2 weeks. I mainly wear glasses. Went to the glasses place to get some new frames. There were about 3-4 customers per employee...so I looked around a bit before leaving. Clearly, that's going to be a task for another day.

It's almost 1pm...Gage is down for a nap.
:)

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I find that whole, "Is this better?" "Or is this better?" thing irritating and subjective. I feel like I'm trying to give him a "correct" answer when I should be concentrating on what and how I'm seeing!

 
At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear my glasses for maybe a half hour per day. I love my contacts.

I wish I could find a stylish, yet not too pricey pair of glasses that could accomodate my prescription.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger hellomelissa said...

can't relate. never needed glasses. knock on wood.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

A SQUARE!!!!!!! What a little shit head. I always leave the eye doctor more confused then when I got there

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I always felt like they were trying to catch me in a lie, and would sneak a bad slide in between the good ones, just to make sure that I was paying attention.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Love said...

okay, we all know that LOL is totally overused in this crazy internet world....but seriously, i just did LOL twice! once with each of your last two posts. you crack me up. =)
i don't believe in the square thing at all...so wrong. i found out about this when going for lasik follow-ups a few months ago. so not fair.

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I hate that too! I need to get my eyes checked big time but I can never seem to make myself go.

 
At 6:37 AM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

Hahah.. swearing at the eye doctor.. i'll have to try that one next time!!

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

I love getting new glasses.

But I tend to get really confused when they start that, Better on one or two thing. Because then I start thinking about it and I get lost in the detail... well maybe one was better but can I see two again and is there possibly a three?

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I wear glasses too. I hate getting new frames, because I always manage to pick the most expenses ones in the entire store.

 
At 4:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when they get extraclose to your face while looking back and forth in your eyes...Makes me wanna pucker...just to creep 'them' out.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger For the Love... said...

Let me jump right on the bandwagon...Half the time I can't tell one bit of difference in the "this one or that one" part. I tell the Dr. this and he still wants an answer...makes me feel like a fraud.

 
At 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to remember that line for the next eye doc visit. Way to truip him up! LOL!

I wear contacts all the time and glasses only on sundays...it's my eye breathing day. Look for the frameless ones...they are soo cool. I think mine were Anne Klein, a little pricy but soo cute. I'll have to take a picture of mine.

 
At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here lifeisjustsodaily.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research presents that almost 80% of all U.S. adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home