Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Camera Woes....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So...who here has missed the photos of my child?
Me. I have missed them.
That's because my digital camera FINALLY pooped out on me.
It was purchased in June of 2005. It has been used every single day (with the exception of maybe 30 days total) since I got it. Yes, I use the camera just about every single day.

So....it's broken.
I got the paperwork about the 3 year warranty, hoping to never need it.
I contacted the company, Mack Cam, www.mackcam.com, to see about getting it repaired. HAS ANYONE DEALT WITH THEM BEFORE? I spoke w/ Little Miss Jersey Girl who truly acted like I was putting her out when I asked her to clarify: so, if my camera breaks, there is no way you will cover repairs at a local shop here in Texas? She told me no less than 3 times to review the information on the website.
Yes, thank you, I know that the website exists. I have it pulled up in front of me. I've read it, and I've called you, and now I have VERBALLY asked you a question, and your response in no way answers my question. So again, I ask you....

She won.
I lost.
I must mail the camera into this place in New Jersey for them to tell me what's wrong with it, if they can fix it, if the warranty covers the repairs, how long I can expect to be without it, etc. Oh, and I have to include a $10 check to cover postage when they send it BACK to me. What a freakin' ripoff.
On the other hand------if they can fix it & it's covered by the warranty, and they get it back to me in a timely manner....then life will be good again.

...and if not....guess I know what to request for my anniversary or Christmas (or...better yet, combine the two occasions & get one kick-ass camera!)

10 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is getting ready to cross over to that big charging dock in the sky....
It's becoming hit-or-miss that when I turn the dial to ON, the little green light will stay green and actually capture those precious family moments.

I've already dropped the hints to Joe that Christmas is coming up, a shiny new Nikon would be soooo pretty under the tree. Now, the camera that I have is a Kodak Easy Share piece of $#!t, but who would ask Santa for the same thing? I need an UPGRADE! Like the camera that Dooce uses!

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Mine is an Olympus Camedia c-60.
Whatever that means. It's beeeeeeenn soooooo awesome.
It does digital videos too.
I love it.

But my friend Mikey has an awesome new camera that he uses to shoot pics of his wife & dtr (Gabby). He says I need that kind.

Hey, Mikey...if you are reading this---post & tell me what kind of camera that is...

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Em said...

I am a photo freak too, suspect you have noticed!!

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sucks to hear about your camera. I came to read a couple of your entries because of your random happy birthday you left on my blog.

I just read your last post about the doctor mentioning that your little one exhibits autistic like symptoms - eek.

Not eek, what if he does, but eek - when will doctors ever realize that every thought that goes through their heads doesn't need to be voiced - all it does is cause undo concern.

Not every child has a learning disability, not every child needs to be drugged, and thankfully, you evidence a level headedness that all too uncommon these days.

Good luck with your camera!

 
At 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd have already purchased a new one. On a credit card, if I have to. I CANNOT be without a camera--I always always have one with me. I take photos every single day.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

same thing happened to me.... I just bought the kodak easyshare replace my other one.. I just love it so much. I am still going to send in the other one to kodak to see if they can fix it cheaply.

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

good luck!!!
i hate dealing w/ this kinda stuff. i admire that you're going to deal with the whole warranty crap.

my hubby would prob'ly just say- get a new one. not worth the hassle!!!

let us know how it goes

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

I bought a new one last year for $300. And it is a very very nice one. They're getting better and better and less and less expensive.

The one I replaced was still good, I just wanted to upgrade. I gave the one I replaced to my mother who is happy with it.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Get that camera off for repair quickly - I do miss those Gage pictures. We're going to be behind in his progress - kids grow so fast!

 
At 6:42 AM , Blogger Pokey Puppy said...

OHH!!! I could not survive without my camera either!! and personally.. I'd go with the kick ass camera idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home