Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So....Saturday.

Saturday morning, I got to sleep in....took a shower...even had 2 helpers for cleaning around the house. It was great.

Naptime came & I had errands to run.
Took the movies back to Blockbuster, and then saw a Dollar Tree.
I had some things to get from the grocery store, so I thought to myself: "Self, why don't we go on in there & see what we can find."
So I did.

I haven't the faintest clue what I was looking at when my phone started to ring.
My phone was conveniently located SOMEWHERE in my purse. My purse was casually slung over my left shoulder. So....there I am, with a ringing phone. I step back with my left foot, and raise my left arm while reaching into my purse...so, my elbow was sticking out.
Why such detail???? Because...I backed into a display of 2-3 inch tall glass votive holders.
The sound of breaking glass came in waves as shelf after shelf after shelf reached the floor. I was wearing flip flops & my feet were covered in glass.
Store patrons came running, and finally employees arrived too. I couldn't move b/c there was glass everywhere & all over my feet. I was sooooo ready to just die.
I had to stand there while the employee was sweeping up the glass b/c I was stuck. The store manager asked me about a thousand times if I was cut, if I was okay, etc. UGH.
So....quick math as I was staring at the pile of glass: if I have to buy these, how much could I possibly owe??? I'm in the dollar store, but LUCKILY, the sign on the floor indicates that these are priced at 2 for a dollar. Thank God. So...I probably owe what?? A hundred bucks? A hundred & fifty???
And then I decided: since it was Dad who was calling at such an inopportune time, then it's his fault, and therefore I'll write a check out of his account to pay for it.
IMAGINARY CONVERSATION:
ME: "Hey---Dad. You just bought 300 glass votives, okay?"
DAD: "What am I going to do with 300 glass votives?"
ME: "Nothing. They're all broken."

Fortunately, they did not make me buy any of them, and the manager was just glad that I was not hurt.

After that: trip to my local favorite grocery store...my conditioner was on sale (CatWalk Oatmeal & Honey), milk was on sale (2 gallons for $7), celery & cream cheese were on sale....it was all very exciting (yeah....I must lead a VE-RY interesting life if I get excited about celery being on sale...).

On the way home, I decided to call Damon's sister in law to see if she was coming to the BBQ. (BBQ planned for Sat.night @ my mother-in-law's...) I didn't have the number with me, so I called information. They connected me free of charge...How lucky for me.
ACTUAL CONVERSATION:
CHUCK: "Hello?"
ME: "Hey, is this Chuck?"
CHUCK: "Yeah."
ME: "It's Laine. What are you doing?"
CHUCK: "Playing a computer game."
ME: "Am I on speaker phone?" (noting that Chuck didn't sound like himself, but things can be distorted on speaker phone...)
CHUCK: "Yeah."
ME: "Sooooo...you're too lazy to pick up the phone. I understand, your hands must be busy playing the game... I was just calling to see if you guys are going to the BBQ."
CHUCK: "I wasn't invited."
ME: "Oh, sure you were! Damon told me that Joe called & invited y'all."
CHUCK: "Where is it?"
ME: "At Joe & Linda's."
CHUCK: "Well, I don't know a Joe."
ME: "Well, then you must not be the Chuck that's my brother in law. Because that Chuck knows that his dad's name is Joe."
CHUCK: "No, I'm not your brother in law.I think you've got the wrong number. But I don't have any plans for tonight if you still want me to go to the BBQ."
ME: "Um, no, but good luck with your computer game. I hope you win. Bye."
Hey---411, thanks for that.

After that funny little wrong number:
Came home....was going to run get a manicure, but didn't have time.
We were due over at my Mother In Law's for a BBQ. Damon was ready to get out there, so he & Gage went ahead...and I went a little later.

Went to the BBQ, and then I left to bring Gage home a little after 8:30. He was sleepy....

When I got home, I had a huge headache. I just felt like my brain was swelling inside my skull! Took some Motrin, soaked in the tub, & went to bed.

Eventful Saturday...

10 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Blogger Lizzie said...

That sounds like a day right out of my life...especially the votive thing. I could totally see myself doing that...multiple times.

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Damn, you're busy! I always look forward to the weekends, but I am always disappointed. We are boring, boring people.

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Raesha D said...

I'm so glad you weren't hurt!!! And so glad that they did not make you pay for them all:)
You're wrong number call is hilarious!! That's happened to me before...where we talked for several minutes before we realized it was the wrong number:)

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger True Willow said...

I will never look at a $store the same again. This Post and the one before it, made me LMAO. ; )

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

LOL. That votive thing is SO something that would happen to me!!

 
At 6:33 AM , Blogger Maria said...

I had that telephone thing happen once. I misdialed my sister's number and when she answered with a rather nasaly voice, I said, "Well, you sound like you are getting a cold, sweetie!"

She answered in the affirmative and we had an actual conversation, albeit a kind of weird one.

It took us about ten minutes to realize that she was not my sister Patrice and I was not her sister.

And then, it was so awkward hanging up. I mean, I had discussed my COLITIS with her. How could I just say, "Well, see ya. Nice talking!"

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Thank God it was only the $ store. Looks like you just had one of "those" weekends.

The phone conversation just had me cracked up.

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That's so funny about the phone call, and that he still wanted to come to the BBQ. My weekend definitely wasn't as exciting. Glad you weren't hurt by the way.

 
At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your weekend was way more eventful than mine! My poor hubby was disappointed because all I wanted to do was sit around in my pajamas while he kept making plans to take the kids to a nearby indoor waterpark. I feel so lazy!

 
At 6:33 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

"sleep in" please define this terminology!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home