Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 24, 2007

J-J-Jaded!

I know, I know I just came back from a vacation.

but you know what I need??? a VACATION!

Seriously, today, I'm just finding myself with a short fuse. a temper. just an underlying angry tone to myself. PMS'ing, maybe? I dunno.

But, today, I wish I had the following t-shirts to sport at work:

"If you can work the grill at Mickey-D's, then you're NOT disabled."
&
"My health care is not free; why should yours be?"
&
"A a representative for the taxpayers of Texas, I'm here to say that we're tired of footing the bill for your dumb-a$$. Get a job!"

Okay. Now, in my defense....I've had these hateful negative thoughts about those who met me with a sense of entitlement. I did not just have these thoughts from an interaction with someone who was truly in a rough spot due to a series of unfortunate events or who was desperately in need.
I began thinking the above after I was met with entitlement, use & abuse of the system, and quite frankly...today, I'm just done with it.

10 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger Maddy said...

You actually HAVE those T-shirts?
Cheers

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Beenzzz said...

I agree! Some people strut around like everyone else owes them and should foot the bill. Sorry, but they need to get their behinds to work!

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

No, I don't actually have them.
I wish.

But oh man, if I did...

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger mama k said...

It must be hard to do social work sometimes. That has got to get OLD.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

You're certainly not wrong - or alone - for feeling that way.

Love the t-shirt idea!!

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG... I can't EVEN GET STARTED after all of the stuff we saw in the hospitals for six months w/ Matthew!!!!

I had no clue what was going on ... but now I know, and I'M MAD AS HECK...

I am with you, with you, with you on your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sick of people being rewarded for being dependent on the state...

This it what made me the MOST mad...
here my baby almost ran out of health insurance.... 1.9 million of his 2 million lifetime cap in 10 months ... (actually for three horrific months while in hospital.. we were told that we were OUT)

and we didn't qualify for anything b/c we're not at poverty level...

but had we been illegal...
or poor... or a convict...
we would have had FULL MEDICAL BENEFITS...

I watched with my own two eyes the babies of illegal aliens go home with full medical benefits...
while my cardiac baby ... an American born... son of a Gulf War Vet and a police officer...
he didn't qualify ... we were
S O L .

I used to cried my head off in the hospital.. I was scared to death..
worried sick ... it was almost unbearable...

all while the babies of illegals and the babies of people that "abused the system" got full medical care for their babies...
GAHHH!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone today w/ Senator John Ensign's office complaining about it.

See...
I shouldn't have gotten started...

our story will be in AARP magazine in the July/August issue.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh.. and I was just thinking...
this post also reminds me of this Amnesty Shamnesty bill!

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

I wish I had those T-shirts, too :)

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Right now I feel entitled to something to drink. I think my wife should get it for me, but she won't. Can you believe that?

I can understand the frustration -- people who believe that the world owes them something are annoying.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I teach HS in the ghetto. I feel your pain. Some days I just want to yell at all of them to quit whining and be grateful for TWO SECONDS. I know that taking care of the less fortunate is the right thing to do, but sometimes... The only thing I can do is focus on the kids who really are trying to make their lives better.

How about you start making those shirts and I'll buy one? Or seven. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home