Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"Trapes."



So, yesterday evening, Gage kept taking me to this one area of the kitchen, pointing up, and whining, as if he wanted something.
I could NOT figure out what he was wanting. There was nothing edible up there. Nothing particularly shiny, other than the toaster. So, I put him on my hip & he points to a bowl. It's a ceramic bowl that my mother glazed. It has grapes all over it.

I handed him the bowl & he was sooooo happy!
And then...he said, "Trapes." And pointed to the painted grapes on the side.
Then, he started licking the bowl.
Licking the not-real-grapes that were painted on the bowl.
Oh, it was too cute.

I explained that the grapes were not real. He then took me to the fridge & begged me to open it. Of course I did...& he pulled out the fruit & veggie drawer. He pulled out the bag of cherries (the bag is now ALMOST empty!). I pitted the rest of the cherries for him, and he yummed them up.

He just loves cherries & "Trapes."
:)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:51 PM , Blogger Kila said...

Hooray for him for liking healthy food :) "Trapes"--that's cute. My kids used to say "Wapes".

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

perfect! and trapes are good for him :)

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Congrats on your 4.0!
I love trapes, my son calls every kind of melon "wadamelon" even if I tell him it is cantalope or honeydew.

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger zirelda said...

Trapes. Ok. He's gotta be a cute kid.

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

So sweet. Soak it all up. :o)

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Too cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home