Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, May 18, 2007

Tall Boys....



Okay...so I'm not really talking about beer with this post...
Rather, I'm talking about my son.
My little tall boy.
Yes, I say "little tall boy".

He's ONE.
He's 34 inches tall.
He's almost 3 feet tall.

I'm 5 feet tall.
He's more than half my height.

He's just a baby.
Strangers always think he's about 3.
Well, he's not. He's ONE. (well...one & a half...) but still. He's a baby.

I love all 34 inches of him. I just worry that people might expect too much out of him if he is always bigger than others his age. You know---like do strangers look at him & think he's a "slow" 3 year old b/c he is not a super-participant in conversations that they try to strike up with him???

I'm not necessarily WORRIED about anything...I just don't want people to expect too much too soon from my baby....you know?

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:11 PM , Blogger Kila said...

I understand. My oldest two boys have always been tall for their ages, so people think they are older than they are. I'm always telling people what their ages are.

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

My son is also tall for his age. He was off the chart at his 3 yo check-up. My husbands side of the family are all tall. Unfortunately my daughter seems, so far, to take after me and is almost the shortest in her class.

 
At 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We grow them big in this house, too! It all evens out, as you know.

xoxo

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I'm on the other end... my kids are small for their age. It's hard not to be annoyed by people's comments about their ages.

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger amyerj said...

If it's any consolation... now that mine is 14, anyone under 8 looks like a complete toddler to me. I always ask... and I've also forgotten what age is "normal" for walking, talking, etc.

However, I can't forget potty training. That age (2ish, I had a girl remember) is legendary in my mind. =)

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

My son has the same dilemma ("What, he just turned four? I though he was in first grade!"), but it stopped feeling like an issue a couple years ago. He is just Him, and since he looks so much like my beloved, TALL husband, it's all the better.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

your son is perfect. just the way GOD made him!

my son is almost 3 and he's 34 inches tall.
people always say he's sooooo tiny.
oh my he speaks so clearly, how old is he? he's so tiny. and then i have to choke my inner evil twin from saying he may be 'tiny' but, your kid is ugly. ok see, i'm in a bad mood today, i'm going to my naughty corner now. LOL

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

We get that with 3B sometimes--people who think that the older kids who are with him, and who he towers over, are pretty smart and that he's . . . well . . . those other kids are sure smart.

*sigh*

But 3B doesn't care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home