Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Conversation from a Marriage.

Husband: "What happened?"

Wife: "Oh, yeah, the tree fell."

Husband: "Yeah, but what happened?"

Wife: "It broke off and fell" (referring to the HUGE branch that is on the ground, in the backyard, that luckily did NOT fall on the house, but came within a few feet of doing so."

Husbaned: "I can see that. When did it happen?"

Wife: "While you were out of town."

Husband: "Ok. But when? Today? Yesterday?"

Wife: "I think today because it was not there this morning when I took the dog out."

Husband: "But, HOW did it happen?"

Wife: "I don't know. I wasn't standing there watching it."

Husband: "Did it rain here? Were there big storms?"

Wife: "I don't know--I was at work."

Husband: "Well, did it rain in Arlington?" (the city where I work.)

Wife: "I don't know, I was inside."

...I think I frustrate him to no end.
Who cares when, why, & how?
Part of the damn tree broke off the rest of the tree, and it fell to the ground, and that's where it is now. It needs to be moved, and although I tried to lug it down to the curb after watering the flowers, it just weighs too much.
Let's just take it from there & be done with it.
Mmmmm-kay?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:57 AM , Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

If a tree falls in your backyard, and no ones there to see it happen, does that mean maybe it didn't really happen?

Philosophical pondering.

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger TTQ said...

yeah what's with the 20 questions, it broke, it fell, it's on the ground and needs to be taken care of..easy no-brainer.
I wonder if I would even notice if that happened here.. probably not.

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger zirelda said...

I was going to echo Manic Mom. :) I hate getting grilled with questions that don't need answers.

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ahh... I'm not alone!
That's funny!

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

i guess that's common in several marriages. Bob asks several questions about events too, but they are usually tied to something very bizarre that I've done. When I try to explain my reasons, I just confuse him more.

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

we're in reverse over here. i'm the one with the 20 questions. i could say, the house burned down and he would say, thank GOD we made it out safe. Not me, i would be running around like a chicken with my head cut off, it's nuts over here. i'm the nutty one can't you tell :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home