Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mom to the Rescue

Well...you know somebody has to do the dirty work.
Last night---it was me.
And surprisingly, for a change, I got a little credit for it at my house.

The changing of the dirty diapers...me.
The taking of the baby's rectal temperature...me.
The cleaning up when Eddie had an accident on the patio (rather than in the grass...which wouldn't be an "accident")...me.
The washing of the yucky dishes that were sitting in the sink...me.
The wiping of the itty-bitty-booger nose...me.
Going up the nose with the little sucker thing b/c Gage doesn't yet know how to "blow"...that's my task too.
Who empties the bathroom trash? me.
Who does 99% of the indoor housework? me.
Who picks up the dirty socks scattered around the home? me.
Who sees to it that we all have clean socks to wear? me.

So, last night, I was the glorious victor in the battle against all things dirty at our house. Yes, I did all of those things last night.

Eddie update: he's home. He's on oral antibiotics. He goes back to the vet in 2 weeks for a blood draw to check for infection & evaluate how well the antibiotics are working.

Gage update: Well...last night at 7, his temperature was 102.1. He was just generally fussy...cranky...clingy. You know he doesnt feel well when he normally just wants to go-go-go, but instead would crawl in my lap & actually sit there for longer than 2-3 minutes. He just wanted to stay in my arms last night. Wouldnt really eat much dinner...and I even offered blueberries---his favorite. He took his milk/formula/cereal combo, and went to bed. Around 8, he still felt warm, but cooler than he did at 7. At 9, he felt like he didnt have fever, but I didnt wake him up to check for sure. At 3:30, he felt like he didnt have fever, but again, I didnt wake him. 5:45 this morning--no fever, but restless, fussy/cranky/clingy again. And, he did NOT want to get dressed this morning. Oh--and his new brown squeaky shoes...for the LIFE OF ME, I could NOT get them on his feet this morning. I think they are already too small. Yes---he wore them TWICE. (they really do grow soooooo fast!)
Anyway...but around 6:30 or so this morning when I was dropping him off, he felt like he had fever again.
And...last night...when he had fever...I'm that total spazz mom who can give others an opinion, but suddenly when it's my child---it's like my brain knows what to do, but I 2nd guess b/c I want to make absolutely sure that I'm doing the right thing. So, I called Susan. "Doctor, Doctor, My Baby Has A Fever!" She made me feel better. Not only was she in a pediatric ICU, surrounded by kiddos who are REALLY sick (so that put my little situation into perspective), but she also just confirmed that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.

Anyway...he's got a dr's appointment today. In fact, itis today at 11:10. I will be anxiously awaiting a call from my mother-in-law to tell me how he's doing. They wanted to look at his ears. I haven't noticed him pulling at his ears or anything...but then again, in the past, he had a little habit of flipping his ears & they were fine. He may be one of those kiddos with an ear infection but never pulls at his ears. Who knows. I'm sure what he has is ether allergies or viral, in which case we'll just watch the fever, provide Tylenol as needed...and if it's allergies, give him Benadryl as needed.

Onto other things....
Finally, last night, I watched last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy. I love that show. I love it. I love that Christina was in Burke's room about to....you know...and in walks his mother.
If Gage is my only child, I will probably be very much like her. I will have to work very hard to NOT be that way. She's way too INVOLVED & protective of her son. And suddenly when she shows up---Burke turns into this cowardly mama's boy. Ugh.

Y&R: haven't seen any of this week's episodes.

Movie Review: "Running Scared". It was really good & had all kinds of twists that I was not expecting. It moves fast. Liked it a lot.

Right now my toenails are painted purple. I really dont like the color, but I just had a random desire to "mix it up" a bit...so I went with it. By the time I was done & determined that I dont really like it--it was late & I was too lazy to undo it & start over.

I have a presentation tonight in my Thursday class. It's about behavior modification. I'm just ready for it to be over. I'm tired & I am dreading it, so I'm ready for it to be tomorrow. Ever feel like that????

Today after work: MUST GET MY OIL CHANGED.
I'm at 4,000 miles since my last one...and I like to be an "every 3,000 miles" kind of girl....

That's all I've got for now.
Will update on Baby Gage's dr appt. when I get the news...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home