Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, October 27, 2006

Fat Day?

So, I was at work for 50 minutes, and 3 different people in 3 different settings asked me if I was pregnant.

NO! I'm not pregnant.

"You just have that glow about you."
"You dont look fat, but you look pregnant."
"Are you sure? I'm usually right about this."
"I think you are, but you just dont know it yet."

So then....here comes the buzz. There were no less than 5 nurses & other ER staff around, all buzzing with excitement about my "pregnancy"...which is a non-pregnancy.
One nurse insisted that she run a urine pregnancy test on me.
I said okay...KNOWING that it would be impossible to yield a positive result.

Naturally, it came out negative.

Returned to the nurse's station....
"Congratulations!"
"Do you want another boy, or a girl this time?"
"What are y'all going to name it if it's a girl?"
"Were y'all trying?"
"How are you going to tell your husband?"

I appreciate the fact that I was not asked, "Do you know who the father is?"

Anyway...I just spent 25 minutes showing my negative pregnancy test & trying to disspell the myth.
Everyone is apparently sooooo ready for me to be pregnant again.
That's because they dont have to be the pregnant one.
They dont have to deliver the baby.
They dont have to get up every 2 hours with a newborn.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

So apparently today...I look fat, my face must be oily, giving me the pregnancy "glow", and I admit my skin is a little broken out (thanks to the weather changes & my current hormone levels...)

I'M NOT PREGNANT!

..And, some of the women still dont believe me.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Additionally---someone did just make the claim, "Yeah, but her husband's not the father. The OB is the father."

Hehehehe.
yeah, not funny.

I'm still not pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home