Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Again?

Again?
Seriously?
Again?

I got rear-ended this morning on my way to work.
Thank goodness Gage wasn't with me.
I'd already dropped him off.

...here I am going off on a tangent w/ regard to the whole "car accident" thing...
So, there is a trauma surgeon at Baylor who I just adore. He refuses to acknowledge an "MVA" or "Motor Vehicle Accident". He says that none of them are accidents--although they may not be intentional actions, they are consequences of user/operater/human error. So...over there, it's all MVCs...Motor Vehicle Collisions.
My additional thoughts to this...
So...every person who gets into their car in the morning, has a non-zero chance of either making one (or more) of those errors resulting in a collision, or suffering the consequence of another driver making one (or more) of those errors.
Driving as much as I do each day, I feel the probability of me being involved in one of those collisions is greater.

So....where do I stand on the actual event from this morning?
I got rear-ended. I'm going to need a new bumper (again), and probably a new rear door b/c mine will no longer open, and an alignment b/c I was stopped when I got hit.
When I got to work this morning, you could apparently still see the seat-belt mark across my chest b/c I got a few questions about that.
I swear---I'm fine.
My car was stopped at the time, and the guy behind me tried to stop, but didn't have enough space/time, and slid into me.
It's I-30 traffic. You could be jetting along, and then bam---stuff starts backing up. You have to be prepared for that, and this guy just wasnt.

But...in the grand scheme of things: it's not THAT big of a deal. Sure, it costs money. Sure, it's inconvenient, and nobody wants to hassle with it.
But---I'm okay. And he's okay. It's just property damage.

I've got some work stuff to do, so I'm going to scoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home