Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Such a boy...

Baby Gage is such a boy!
1) Sometimes...you have to make Gage think that things are HIS idea, then he's all for it. For example...sometimes, even when he's hungry, he wont take a bottle if you go to put it in his mouth. You have to hold it out a little bit & let him see it & reach for it. When he grabs it & puts it in his mouth, then he'll take it...like it was HIS idea to eat.
2) The other night, I was trying to change his diaper in the living room on the floor. I got the wet diaper off & folded up. I was trying to unfold the clean diaper to position under him...in a flash, he FLIPPED over & took off crawling across the room...diaperless. By the time I stood up & took 4 or 5 steps over to where he was, he was up on his knees just looking down while he peed on the floor. And he was just a smiling! He thought it was so funny!!!
He's such a guy!
I bet he'll get a kick out of peeing outdoors too.

And then, for some reason, Damon got onto the subject of Gage having a BB Gun some day. (Did I even spell that correctly? BeeBee, BB, BeBE....who knows...)
Anyway--Damon said that Gage will be in the backyard shooting at birds & squirrels, and he'll tell him not to shoot the cat or dog. I explained that I want to instill value for life into our child, and I dont think it's safe or acceptable to shoot a BB gun at birds & squirrels. I think he can shoot at targets that are set up by Damon, and are safe. Damon said, "What about when he's 14 & wants to go hunting?" My response is this: I want Gage to understand value for life, and if he wants to go hunting--that's fine. But you eat what you kill. I dont think you should go out & just shoot & kill an animal as target practice. If you want to take an animal's life, you need to make use of the skin, or meat, etc. So then, Damon said, "Well, you can eat squirrel." And then, both of us said that we would not be eating any squirrel!
So---there's one topic that we didnt cover before becoming parents.
I just hope Gage grows up & doesnt want to use a BB gun, or doesnt want to kill animals. That way the whole topic will be avoided! (...and I'll get my way!)


Okay...
I just finished my 4-5 page matriculation plan. The whole application is going into the mail TO-DAY!
WooHoo!

And, I cant wait to see Baby Gage today.

Walmart by our house is out of the baby/kiddie pools. I wanted to get one for Baby Gage to play in. He's never been swimming yet.

I went to pick up my new glasses yesterday afternoon. I guess I remembered them differently, b/c when I got them, they looked different than I remembered. I'm still not convinced that they are the ones I picked out. I have 60 days to return them.
And, they are not as comfortable as my old pair.
A guy at work told me that he doesnt like them.
Thanks.
But, he also comments any time I change my hair color or cut. "I liked it better the old way." I think he's just resistant to change. And, it's not like Damon hates them or anything. He said that he likes them.

We're going on vacation.
We're leaving Saturday, and I am sooooooo ready to go!
Here are pictures from where we are going:
The pool area...

The beach area....

I cannot WAIT to lay by the pool & do NOTHING but lay there!
Vacation, here I come!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home