Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Weekend.

First & Foremost: Happy Memorial Day.

Friday, Damon brought Baby Gage up to the hospital to have lunch with me. That was very sweet. We had a good time, and I got to show off my sweet boy.
:)

Everyone said, "He looks just like his pictures!", and "I can't believe he's so big!"
He is big. He is 8 months old & already half my height.

Then, on Saturday, I went to Tyler to visit. We had a good day with Memma, PawPaw, Mario & Allen.
Baby Gage ate watermelon...

...and ran errands with us...
...and went outside...that's when we learned that he does NOT like the feeling of grass on his feet or legs...or anywhere, really.
He crawled everywhere, and had fun dancing around to Kanye West & jazz. He's such a musical baby!

Saturday night, we got home late. He slept the whole ride home, but when we got home...oh, he was up. He was up from about 10:45 to 12:30+. He FINALLY went down after 12:30, and Damon & I went to bed close to 1 in the morning. On the positive side, he slept until 8:30 the next morning. For us, that IS sleeping in!

Sunday....I probably did 5 loads of laundry. That's so sad...we had 5 loads of laundry to be done. That's a lot of dirty clothes...
Anyway... we also worked on painting the house... Of course, we're not finished...but we're making some pretty serious progress.




We ran out of paint...& we still have to paint the trim (white), and the front door (I think maybe red...)

But overall---I think it looks a TON better than the coral-colored 1950s brick.
And, I think Baby Gage likes it. He sure liked hanging out on the porch with us.


Last night...
Desperate Housewives...season is over.
Same for Gray's Anatomy.
And Sopranos...RERUN. We were so disappointed.

So instead, I watched a show on TLC about primordial dwarfism. After that, we saw that a show was coming on called "The Man Whose Arms Exploded". So of course, we have to check this out....like we're paying a dollar at a freak show to see the world's tiniest horse or the bearded lady....
Anyway--the title of course was misleading, but we watched the show anyway.
This guy took steroids to pump up & his upper arm got so big--it was 28 inches in circumference. I told Damon, "That's bigger than Madonna's waist!" (Random, I know---but I'm a big fan of E! Entertainment television. My head is full of random-useless-information.) So anyway--this guy was injecting his arms with steroids, and paid no attention to the cleanliness of the needles. He got an abscess in his arm, and then tried to drain it himself. So, after getting 2 cups of blood & pus, he decided to go to the hospital where he underwent surgery. So, you can see how it was misleading. I thought his arm was going to literally explode...and it did not.

Dont do steroids. They're bad.

That's about all I know for now.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home