Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Goodbye Gummy Grin...

...and hello teeth!

Last night, Gage grabbed my hand, and put the side of my thumb in his mouth. He bit down just as hard as he could. And this time--it hurt! He's got a tooth popping through! It's on the bottom. I've tried to get a good look at his little gums there, but he just puts his tongue over the gums everytime... I caught a glimpse of just a little something coming up there...but really you cant see much.


..and, Baby Gage had fun playing in the mirror last night. Oh, he's just so cute!
Damon would say, "I see you!" & he'd look at Damon's reflection. Then Damon would say, "I see you!" again, and Gage would turn around & look at Damon. It's just amazing to watch his little mind learn new things & process images...

...and I have to admit...I cried a little bit about his tooth coming in.
It's just that time passes so quickly. He's growing up so fast...and we'll never be able to rewind...or just pause. I am excited about him getting teeth...and I'm ready for the whole teething process to be over...but he'll never have that super sweet toothless-gummy smile. He'll never chew on my chin like he does... Well, if he does, it will hurt & just be classified as "biting".

IN THE BIG REMOTE CONTROL OF LIFE, I JUST WANT TO PRESS "PAUSE"!!!!



Megan got Baby Gage a onesie...way back when I was pregnant. On the front it read, "Just Stay Little". That's what I want. As excited as I am about these milestones for Baby Gage...I'm just a little sad that we cant go back. That I cant rewind & revisit or relive this or that... And, I'm sure every mother feels this way. I am very excited for him & want to see him walk...and want to hear him speak...I just have to make memories of what's going on now! It's all happening so fast! THEY REALLY DO GROW UP SO FAST! ....of course, here I am going on & on about it, and he's only 6 months old (or...he'll be 6 months old in 2 days). Which brings me to another point. I cant believe my baby will be SIX MONTHS OLD in 2 days. That's half a year.

Anyway...onto other things...I had a dr's appointment this morning. I got a shot in my head. You have a lot of nerve endings in your head I guess--because it hurt like Hell. I go back in a month. Maybe another shot...we'll just have to see if this one works.

Gage is spending the night at my Mother in Law's tonight. Damon called me to see if it was okay. I told him that I'd prefer that he didnt because I look forward to seeing him everyday when I get home! Damon told me not to be selfish. So, Gage is going to spend the night at her house.

I think we're going on a date tonight.
That will be good.
We need to go on a date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home