Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Capital Punishment...Manson Murders.

So, I was reading an article about one of the Manson followers, Van Hooten. At the age of 19 she was involved in the LaBianca murders. She's been in prison ever since.

Where I'm going with this: she was initially convicted & sentenced to death. Then, her sentence was converted to life in prison with the possibility of paroll when the Supreme Court banned capital punishment. Well, now that capital punishment is legal again--why werent all the sentences that were converted to life converted back to death?

I'm just wondering. I dont want anyone to hop on & argue the morality of capital punishment with me. I am not expressing an opinion for or against it. I just was wondering why they werent changed back....

So anyway--Van Hooten came up for paroll & was denied again for the 15th time. She will be eligible again in 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home