Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Home Front...

Okay, so we got our new house. New to us...built in '49. So much to do, so much to do.

Last weekend, my mom helped me with the bathroom. Damon went to a work weekend thing, and she came to town to help me. We redid the bathroom. Sort of... see, right now we have pink tile on the floor & up the wall to about 4.5 feet. So, I decided that since I have to live with it for a while (the budget just is not allowing for immediate installation of the granite tile I want) that it might as well look good. Damon stripped the wallpaper off the wall before he left. He didnt know that the new bathroom would be his surprise. We painted the walls & this one oak-toned cabinet a dark, dark, chocolate brown. It looks FABULOUS if I do say so myself. (and....I do!) I got some brown towels for Damon to use. he hasnt yet mastered the concept of keeping white towels white. The other towels I got for the bathroom are white with pink dragonflies embroidered on them. Oh, they are just perfect. We added a brown shower curtain with new rings. We installed a hotel-like chrome towel rack, my retractable mirror, and a new hand-towel ring. Oh, and hardware: door & drawer pulls. Looks fabulous! We already had the chrome heated towel warmer & super huge shower head (thanks to Damon). It all looks sooooo nice. So--we still need light fixtures. After the light fixtures are replaced, I'd say I can live with it for at least 2 years!

What I would really like to see in our bathroom: the kohler sink & mirror set, granite tile. Other than that, I would leave everything else alone!

We've still got sooooo much work ahead of us though.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home