Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

So...we're not pregnant.

Or, I should say, I'm not pregnant. For some reason the phrase has evolved from "I" to "We", which I guess is nice b/c it includes the men a little more...but specifically, I still mean that I am not pregnant.

We had our first pregnancy test last night. How is it that 3 minutes can feel soooooo long?

Were we planning to be pregnant? Not really. We werent/arent really doing anything to prevent it though. We just are not actively trying to conceive.

But--we were both a little disappointed last night when it came back negative.

It made me think back to those commercials a few years ago...they were for some home pregnancy test & you see the couple, and she comes out of the bathroom...and they wait....& then they get the results. Now just thinking about those commercials makes me tear up!!! Oh, how exciting...and how sad....

We werent crying or anything--it's not like we've been trying & trying... But I admit it was a bit disappointing. That's really the only word for it.

But, our time will come when God is ready for us to have a baby.
:)

That's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home