Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 03, 2013

A Sunday in our home....

These pictures were actually taken August 18th....

I don't know if I have blogged about what a fantastic big brother Gage is to Eliette. He is. He is such a good boy. He loves to make her laugh and entertains her.




One of the rituals at the Casa de Lainey-Paney on church-Sundays is for Mommy to pick out Eliette's clothes, and Daddy to dress her. Daddy usually dresses Eliette while I am getting ready. Well, on this particular morning, I was ready in record time. I got to sit back and watch the "Sunday Morning Circus" from a different angle...

It started with a little humor. My husband pointed out this GIANT tag on a little girl's dress. It's like a mattress tag!


And then, pour on the sugar. In these next pictures, I'm sitting in the rocker in the nursery, and just watching Daddy dress Eliette. He would talk softly to her and she would coo. It was just a super sweet moment that just struck me for some reason. I instantly started thinking of her wedding day. Perhaps he won't be dressing her that day, but I hope and pray that they have their own sweet and tender moments before he walks her down the aisle that day. ...and then I was tearing up.


{All of those thoughts are certainly just mine. Just how I imagine things may be if she chooses to get married. No pressure, Sweet Girl. Whatever you want. Mommy just wants you to be happy. Now, should you choose to get married, I just want you to marry someone who is kind. That is the most important thing. Why am I already thinking of your wedding day? I can't help it.}

...and we headed out to church. We got there quite early that day. According to me, it was bizarre. I hardly know what to do with that much time on my hands! According to my husband, it was "wonderful."


Oh, my children & their crazy expressions!
Love you guys. Love you, love you, love you!
As an aside: This was an unusually calm Sunday. Normally, it's truly a Sunday Morning Circus at our house.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home