Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Medieval Times!

Well....it was kind of a BIG deal for Gage to get to go to Medieval Times...and an even BIGGER deal to go some place WITHOUT his little sister! While we were going to go on a vacation this Summer, Hubby's need for surgery came up just in time to squash those vacation plans. Our week of fun turned into a 3 day fun fest before surgery.... Medieval Times was a part of that plan! Luckily, Eliette has a grandmother who was just itching to watch her for us.


Gage was so excited and he loved Medieval Times sooooo much! {Sidebar: my first time to Medieval Times was when I was in middle school, and I was invited for Julie Dannenberg's birthday party. I remember thinking that it was soooo cool. I was worried about eating with my hands, but it was fun. Going there as an adult---not quite the same magic...I'm just sayin'.... BUT, going and watching my son's excitement was just AWESOME.}

If you haven't been to M.T., let me tell you: it's CROWDED. They wind you through the entrance line to give you your team color and take pictures....regular pictures, then dress-up pictures... then they put you in this big lobby area. {Think: holding tank.} The doors to the arena area are closed. Of course there's over-priced stuff all around to buy, and light-up stuff for kids, etc. You get it....

I could not BELIEVE that we all fit in that area! Being a vertically challenged person myself, I felt even smaller in that crowded space. Hubby held the camera up and took a picture of the crowd for me. (What a good sport!)

Daddy went for the front row seats to ensure that Gage got to really see everything without some 6 foot guy sitting down right in front of him or anything... Thank you, Daddy!



Gage was thrilled to be so close to the horses. It was pretty neat....


Gage really got into the competition and liked watching the events...
His food??? Well....maybe he ate a little...
What's on the M.T. menu?
Tomato soup... chicken... a potato... maybe a roll... an apple pastry...
Beverages: you can have tea or Pepsi. Yes, that's caffeine or caffeine.
...or you can have an adult beverage from the bar {yes, please!}...

As I mentioned, Gage only ate a little...

And in the end, our knight didn't win...but the one who did was quite dramatic making his little poses with the music. It was hysterical!
...and just for fun, Hubby randomly strikes the same pose at the Casa de Lainey-Paney! Ahhh, it makes me laugh!





Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My first memory of Mid-Evil Times was at the same birthday party and for some reason, I am thinking we were on the green knight's team!!! Madden loves it, and refers to it as "ching fighting!"

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

our boys LOVE Medieval Times!! We went when we were in Dallas last year and we've been in Atlanta too! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home