Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

38 Week Update.... Still Pregnant.




How far along? 38w1d

Size of Baby:  www.thebump.com indicates that baby is the size of a pumpkin, being 18.9-20.9 inches long, and weighing anywhere between 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. (that's quite a range...)

Baby Milestones: From www.baby2see.com, "Development is complete, baby's main job is to gain weight. The body continues laying on the fat stores at a rate of about an ounce (28 grams) a day, that will help regulate his or her body temperature after birth."

Maternity Clothes: Yes....and Hubby's clothes. I swear, I wasn't THIS big when I was pregnant with Gage...

Gender: Team Pink!

Belly Button In/Out: In/Flattened. Not "out."

Movement: Less & less. Not 'alarmingly less,'  by any means. She's running out of room in there. So, she's not able to move nearly as much as she was. She perks up after I eat, and I'm sure she's okay in there. It's just, less than it was in the past. I still love the movements she makes when I'm reeeeeally still and I can watch my belly contort, and she pushes her feet out to the side. She's head down in my belly, but she's facing side-ways, if that makes sense. Her spine is aligned on my left side, and her feet are on my right side.

Sleep: Still not great for me or Hubby! My snoring is crazy obnoxious to my husband, so he's having a hard time sleeping. I remind him that we've only got a few more days to go! I'm hoping that the snoring goes away quickly after delivery....but if it's related to my current size instead of the pregnancy hormones, it may be here longer than I thought! I'm hoping that right now, there's just a catastrophic combination of my size and the pregnancy hormones/changes that effect your sinuses that are causing this horrible snoring. I'm hoping that it goes away very soon, but we'll see....

Cravings/Aversions: Not really craving anything specific... it's just the power of suggestion is amazing to me. Someone can mention something, and the next thing you know, I neeeeeeed it. Commercials are totally working on me right now!

Feeling: Crazy. Hubby and I talk about this all the time. With respect to the mood swings and my lack of patience, I'm very glad that this will be my last pregnancy. I can bawl at the drop of a hat, over the dumbest stuff, and then 2 minutes later, I realize that I'm being completely crazy and by that point I'm filled with regret because in the crazy moments I can't shut my fat-freakin-mouth! Pregnancy is crazy.

Physically how am I feeling? Done. Miserable. Huge. But, I only have 6 days left! I can do anything for 6 days!  Ohhhhhh! And my pregnancy eczema is back. Good times. In the beginning of this pregnancy I was diagnosed as having discoid eczema. I though I was covered in ring worm, but luckily that was not the case! Now, I just have these red rings that just show up on my skin. Down the left side of my belly, it looks like it is covered in pinky-red onion rings. I'm supposed to be using all fragrance-free & dye free products and keep the area very well moisturized. It's annoying. I have however fallen in love with a product that the Dermatologist recommended: Eucerin Calming Body Wash. It's a daily oil based body wash. It's awesome. It feels really good on your skin when you shower.... So, there's that.

What I Miss: Wearing my wedding rings, bending over easily, getting in & out of the car easily, having cuter feet, wearing a wide variety of shoes, sleeping through the night.....this list really could go on & on, and it seems to be the same each week....

What I am Looking Forward To: Having this baby!

Next Appointment: Thursday! (as in, tomorrow) Thinking I may decline the internal exam for dilation. I mean, at this point, who cares, right? I've got 6 days to go, and who cares if I'm dilated any more. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen.....

Something funny that happened recently: got the bassinet set up in our room. Turn your back for a minute to go get the rest of the bedding for the bassinet, and your son has already spotted the PERFECT PLACE to store/display his Nerf guns.... (I was seriously away from the bassinet for less than 5 minutes, and I return to my room to find it filled with Nerf guns. Gage was nowhere around...)
Sweet boy....He got this sign for his room from one of Darnin's coworkers.
His whole world is about to change....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Erica said...

So close!!!

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

ahhh...SO excited for y'all!!! Gage is going to be such a great big brother ~ he seems so sweet & loving! And you guys are just such great parents that both of those sweeties are blessed to have you!! Praying that this last few days is full of fun & memories with your little man before little miss crashes the party!! ;)

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Aubs---Gage just recently stopped yelling at my belly. We are hoping and praying that he's going to fall in love with this little girl and be a great big brother. In the meantime, he's NOT thrilled about getting a sibling at all!

(My...how pictures can be deceiving!)

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I’m hoping the snoring goes away quickly too – not that it bothers me any, but still, I don’t want to be a snorer! :)

I was gonna tell you I had the same issue with eczema with Chloe. Not this time around though which I think is kind of odd. My doc sent me to a dermatologist b/c it looked like ring worm too and she suggested CeraVe moisturizer. The body wash you mentioned sounds wonderful!

I have a feeling you are going to beat me as far as meeting your little one. Today my fluid checked out OK so we wait until at least Friday if not next Wednesday for another recheck, I guess unless the little guy has other plans of his own and wants to come before then.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home