Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Well, Mother's Day 2013 was pretty laid back...

Gage started his day with a swim. Ranger and I sat with coffee and watched him... with the breeze blowing, it wasn't all that warm to me. I had a blanket out there!

(Ranger has such a rough life, doesn't he???)

It was finally warm enough for me to swim in the afternoon. The pool heater had the water heated to over 80 degrees, (88, I think) and the wind was blowing, so it was warmer in the water than out.

We got snowcones/shaved ice, and then swam for a bit...

{"Don't harpoon the whale!"} Yes, I'm huge. Yes, I'm very, very white. It's cool. I was weightless in the water...

Memaw even came over and swam with us that day, AND she went down the slide! I was totally going to try it too, but there's a big sticker on there indicating that you should not do it if you're pregnant. Gage was the first to refuse to let me do it. (He loves his Mommy!) Of course, I'm thinking, "what's the worst that could happen? It could throw me into labor??? Bring it!.....but I refrained....)

A while later, Daddy got a migraine and I wanted pasta. I know of no really good Italian restaurants out here in the sticks, so Gage and I just hit the Olive Garden. It hit me as we were driving that this would be our last Mother's Day with just me and him. I told him that and he said, "then we better make it count." I don't know if we made it count or not....but, we enjoyed our time together.
Pics from dinner...


We had fun with the mad-lib portion of the kiddie menu....




After that, we got our take-out for Daddy who was back at home....and we headed to Sweet Frog for some frozen yogurt. I tried the cake batter flavor for a change, and it was delicious!

We took Daddy his Olive Garden take-out and frozen yogurt....and we pretty much called it a night.

I was HOPING that Baby Girl would come on Mother's Day....but, no such luck....
(Who am I kidding? Every.single.day I'm hoping that today is the day!)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

He has the sweetest smile! I'd be all over that pool if I had one and it was warm...in all the pregnancy glory and white legs too! Sorry to hear your hubby came down with a migraine. Mine gets them also and they don't seem fun at all.

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

How sweet that he was so protective of you going down the slide!! Sounds like an awesome laid back day!! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home