Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Happier Things....

So, while my family is going through yet another tough situation, I'm kind of removed from it. I'll go down to Waco tomorrow, but I've stayed home in the meantime. While I want to be down there to help my cousins with whatever, and just hug my Uncle Don, and hug my Mema & aunts and mom....I know how people are: they think pregnant people need to be taken care of. I don't want to be a burden to them, or the one who can't keep up with what needs to be done, so I'm going down tomorrow....and the funeral is Friday.

So...in the meantime, it's odd to pair my day to day life with the knowledge of what the rest of my family is having to handle.

....so, with all of this sadness stuff going on, I'm going to pause and post about some happier things.

Right now....these things make me happy and cheer me up:

Baby Girl's bow/hair accessory holder in her closet. OMG, just looking at this makes me happy. It's two sided, and there are more on the other side....and I still feel like she doesn't have enough hair accessories. Isn't that nuts!?


Although this is a very unattractive pose for us, I don't care. It makes me happy to lay with my son and have him fall asleep on me. Napping on the couch with him is just wonderful....and soon it may be different with a new baby here. I don't know how much time we have left (little sister or not), to just snuggle and nap on the couch. I don't know when he'll grow out of even wanting to snuggle his Mommy!

It makes me happy to look over and see my son and husband playing the same game on two different iPads, and laughing and loving it. I love this. FYI: the game is called Hay Day, and they're farmers.

These little kid snacks: these make me happy. They are so yummy. Small, but yummy. I can suck down two and they are just wonderful! Gage gets through about 1/2 of one, and then passes it over to me. I'm so lucky! {He does that with regular bananas too: he'll eat about half of it, and he's done.}

...and these are my guilty pleasure right now....They are not super great when paired with the crazy heartburn I have all.the.time.....but, they are soooo good!

Let's look at a few things that aren't making me super happy these days:

Last Saturday was the last day I could wear my wedding ring. It hurt soooooo bad to finally get it off that fat, swollen finger!
And then look what I had underneath! {It's getting better, but it's still all red where my wedding ring was...}





The fact that my belly prevents me from reaching the disposal switch in the kitchen---that's not making me happy these days. the counter comes together at a corner, and the switch is on the far wall in the corner. I now use a spatula to turn on the disposal when I need it!

Pitting edema. Two words that do not make me happy. Even worse, is looking at my own pitting edema.... (Step one: push into the swollen part with your finger. Step two: pull the finger away and look at the dimple. Step three: wait for it to go away.... Oh, wait....it's still there. Gross.)






So....there are some happy things & some not-so-happy things.
I'm 32 weeks now. I'll update about that at some point.
I've got to update about last weekend's Easter Egg Hunt.
....but I've got to prepare to head down to the funeral, so I've got some housework to finish, and errands to run, and I've got to be ready to host Hubby's birthday party on Saturday night when I return from Waco....I've got a lot to tend to.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:13 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

okay....baby girls accessory holder is sooo precious!! how fun!! Can't believe she'll be here so soon ~ excited for you!!!

Praying for you and your family.

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Test said...

Thinking about you. You sure have your hands full! Still keeping your family in my prayers. I am so sorry you are going through so much.

 
At 3:05 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

okay the edema thing totally freaks me out. The hair bows are so super duper cute though

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home