Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 08, 2013

33 Weeks....

How far along? 33 Weeks (on 4/9/13)

Size of Baby: According to babycenter.com, "Your baby is proportioned like a pineapple when it comes to weight -- a little over 4 pounds. Length: more than 17 inches, head to heel."


Baby Milestones: Also from babycenter.com, "This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening." {This may explain my almost-insatiable milk craving} From baby2see.com, "The baby is using it's lungs to practice breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid. Your baby is drinking about a pint of amniotic fluid a day now and urinating the same amount. The early baby fuzz, lanugo, is disappearing now and being replaced by actual hair. The nails of your baby are now long enough to reach to the tip of the fingers or beyond and may need trimming as soon as they are born. They may scratch their face even before birth." {Oh, Sweet Girl, don't scratch your face before birth!}


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don't even know anymore....


Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Gender: Baby and I are both female.

Belly Button In/Out: In, but getting flatter, flatter, flatter!

Labor Signs: These Braxton Hicks contractions are cah-razy. I said it before: I won't go to the hospital for the "more than 4 in an hour" deal anymore. Why? Because some hours I may have 7, and then 3 the next hour, and 5 the hour after that, and then none for two hours. They are so crazy sporadic. Some are more painful than others. I have no indication as of yet that they are causing any dilation at all. They don't necessarily stop if I drink lots of water, or lay down and rest....

Movement: Lots of movement! Baby Girl seems to still be head down. Her bottom is just to my left side of the abdominal midline. Her knees or feet push waaaaay out on my right side. Not even an area that I would categorize as my abdomen. It's very much on my side, almost to my back. It's wild. It's also wild to watch my whole abdomen move when she starts going crazy in there. Sometimes I swear she's in there throwing a fit!

Sleep:  I'm battling some sinus issues right now....so, my snoring has been bad because of pregnancy, but you throw in the laying-down-with-sinus-issues in there, and poor me! My husband would argue, "poor you!? What about poor me!????" He's had to endure my snoring for quite some time now....

Cravings/Aversions: Everything is about the same.... still not wanting meat. Still wanting all kinds of unhealthy things.... craving lots of milk.... {Seriously, this is the BEST milk we've ever had, ever! My whole family is addicted. We've even discussed the possibility that it's laced with crack that keeps us coming back for more... And here lately, we've been going through a gallon of milk a day. It's wicked good. (Yes, I just typed that....)}


Symptoms: Swollen feet. We went over this before, right? Add this to the list: "sausage toes." My feet are literally sore by the evenings and it hurts to walk on them. Leg cramps in the middle of the night. Puffy and sore hands/wrists. My fingers are all stiff and puffy in the mornings. My snoring....we went over this. Shortness of breath.....difficulty bending over and reaching things on the floor! Moving slowly.... Yeah, all of this pregnancy stuff that's normal, but definitely all indicative of the joys of the 3rd trimester.

You know what, though??? I'll take 'em! Every single one of the unpleasant aspects of pregnancy----I'll gladly accept them. {I don't know that I'm exactly "embracing" them, but I am accepting them!}

Feeling:  Abundantly grateful and blessed. ....and tired. Let's be honest, I'm feeling tired a lot of the time. Grateful, but tired....

Best Moment this Week: Hands down: the baby shower!!!! Following a tough week, it was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate my spirit!

What I Miss: Moving quickly, sleeping through the night, squatting without losing my balance, being able to reach the kitchen disposal switch..... It's clearly the little things in life that I miss!

What I am Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery, holding this baby in my arms and seeing what she looks like, and learning her personality.....

Next Appointment: Later this week!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

is it crazy that reading about all those not so fun 3rd trimester symptoms is making me miss it?! SO excited for you!! Crazy how soon she'll be in your arms!! =)

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I think our babes are in the same position. I get something hard (I'm guessing a butt) right in the middle between my rib cage up high sometimes when I'm sitting down and it kind of hurts - makes me sit up straight. And he too kicks out towards my right side, further than I thought he could go. Haha, sausage toes - I feel for ya. And the snoring! I keep forgetting to add this to my weekly update, but apparently I'm a snorer now...oops!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home