Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

16 Weeks!



Wow, I can't believe I'm 16 weeks already!

What's going on with the baby at 16 weeks? According to babycenter.com:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

16 Week Update on Me:

Size of Baby: 4.5 inches long, approximately.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At this morning's scale check, I was up 6.4 pounds. (...but that's 23.4 pounds from my pre-IVF weight....)

Maternity Clothes: Yes.

Belly Button In/Out: In.

Labor Signs: Nope.

Movement: YES!!!!! Oh, it's so wonderful!!!!!

Sleep: Interrupted all the time. Up to use the restroom, or heartburn, or stiff back..... It's always something! Ugh.

Cravings/Aversions: No longer addicted to SpaghettiOs....and I happen to have a ton of them now. New favorite: nasty Mexican frozen meals, and foods that set my mouth on fire! For those that know me, you know how CRAZY this is for me. I generally don't even like black pepper on my food because it's just too hot! But now, I like the spicy food and wash it down with milk. Lots of milk. We're going through about 2 gallons of milk every 5 days. I've been a crazy milk drinker.... 


Feeling: Better overall.... exhausted on days when I don't get a good night's sleep. But---I got sciatic pain this past week. I NEVER had that when I was pregnant with Gage. OMG. At one point, it was so bad that Damon had to help me lay down to get into the bed and I just cried and cried because it hurt so bad. UGH. But, luckily, it doesn't stay that way for 24 hours a day....It came about on Sunday evening, and then was gone by Monday morning, late morning.

What I Miss: Never knowing first hand the intensity of sciatic pain, sleeping on my stomach, sleeping through the night....

What I am Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender of my baby, and then telling Hubby, "I knew it! I knew it was a girl!"
I'm also reaaaaallly looking forward to ordering some of these off Etsy... (even Damon had to admit that they were cute...) It's hard to see in the picture of a computer screen, but they are little baby shoes and they are monogrammed, and I could just eat them up!




Next Appointment: Just before Christmas....I can't wait. But, this week is going to be busy with me working a couple of days (Yes, I just typed that...I haven't worked since....when? FOREVER ago!), and then next week is super busy....so hopefully the time will fly by!

What's super hard right now: not going up to the local 3D sono place & paying the $89 it cost for them to just TELL ME if it's a boy or girl RIGHT NOW! I promised Hubby I'd wait....and luckily for him, I am going to be so busy over the next 2 weeks....

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your bump!! Looking good :)

 
At 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you looks to adorable!:) {{{HUGS}}}

 
At 4:24 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

Seriously I cannot handle pepper at all. Mild taco bell sauce kicks my ass. When I was pregnant with Brandon I started craving spicy hot fire salsa for my burritos. Plus pregnancy makes food spicier. So here I am my mouth on fire tears streaming down my face, nose running and I was so fucking happy with that spicy hot sauce.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home