Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, September 24, 2012

Pregnancy Update....

Well, I can't get this picture to rotate. I took it with my phone...so, there you have it.


I just couldn't stand it that the word "pregnant" disappeared about 24 hours after it appeared! That's just so sad. So, I had to have another one.... as indicated, "just to make sure."

Every Tuesday I should be one week further along, so as of 9/25, I should be considered 5 weeks.

How am I feeling?
Well, I was feeling super excited and unable to sleep.
Apparently, I only had to mention that at the dr's office to change things. I suddenly can hardly stay awake. One night, I slept for 12 hours, got up, started my day, took a 1.5 hour nap, and I was asleep the next night well before the night news came on.

For the past few days, I've been scheduling life around my napping.

Other symptoms: I was nauseated all day on Saturday.
Even still, certain smells just....ugh. And looking at uncooked meat in packages---yuck.
Sometimes I have to just make myself eat and drink.
Other times, it's like I've opened the door to a bottomless pit.

Mostly, I'm craving good stuff! (Mostly)

(Check out the size of that GIANT apple!)
...but sometimes, I want fries from Five Guys, and I want to put hamburger dill slices on top of them. YUM! And, this isn't a far cry from what I usually like, because I like hamburger dills atop Tostitos on a normal non-pregnant day!




So, for the most part, I'm tired all the time.
I'm either eating a lot, or very little.
I worry that I'm not drinking enough water.
So, I either force myself to drink water, or I find myself suddenly thirsty and I guzzle water like I've just traversed a desert.
I get tired doing the easiest, most normal stuff.

I've had some cramping. I am attributing this to implantation. I'm still on the estrogen patches and progesterone 2x/day. So, in the back of my mind when the cramping feels like period-cramps, I think "oh, gosh, what if I body is trying to miscarry and I'm just on so much medicine that I'm somehow just prolonging the inevitable?" Isn't that a sick and twisted way to think? It's awful. I am aware of it, and I just try to remind myself that I should think positive thoughts and not think that way! And, I think back to when I was pregnant with Gage. I had never experienced a pregnancy loss, and I just believed everything was great, was going to be great, and would always be great. 

Now, while I am very excited, I have those other thoughts creep in and I know why...
But overall, I'm very excited.

So that's my update.... we are just waiting for our first ultrasound. For whatever reason, I think that first ultrasound will ease a lot of my fears. I think I will just feel so much better after that.... It really can't come soon enough!


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:53 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Just to let you know...with all three pregnancies around week 5 until about week....I don't know....8 or so...I had cramps...period like cramps. So, that's TOTALLY normal! Hang in there home fry and keep eating totally normal and abnormal stuff!!! Love ya much my friend!! And your little Emby(ies)!!!! :)

 
At 5:29 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I have had cramps from implantation through about the end of last week (early week 7). I am still having some "twinges" every once and a while but everyone keeps telling me it's normal. I feel you on the nausea and eating thing. I'm either starving or want to throw up almost every minute of the day! We had our first u/s yesterday and it definitely helped put my mind at ease (a little at least!) for the time being. And, at 7 1/2 weeks, I am still taking pregnancy tests! :)

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger Beth said...

It all sounds good - normal - to me! Enjoy and try not to worry.

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Brandie said...

Congratulations!! Praying for your family :)

 
At 10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always keeping you in my prayers. {{{Hugs}}}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home