Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 16, 2012

So Many Ideas....IVF Update....







There are so many creative ways to announce a pregnancy. Certainly if you've been on pinterest, you've seen a few.

This time around---I certainly spent lots of time pouring over the various creative ways others have done it, and pondered how I might do it myself.... But when it came right down to it, there's just been no creativity to it at all! It's involved running, yelling, calling, texting, and now blogging!

Our news:

We got our first faint positives 9/15/12.
I HAD to test with a different brand just to...you know....make sure.....
The word "pregnant" appeared waaaay before the 3 minutes was up. How did I share the news with Hubby? I RAN into the living room carrying a pee-stick, yelling for him to look, and pulling up my pants at the same time. {Niiiiiice.}
Not very creative, but memorable for us none-the-less.

How did Gage respond since he was in the living room too? He rubbed my belly with a big grin and said, "Daddy's Little Idiot." Awesome. It's going to be eventful preparing this only child for the arrival of baby(-ies).

Now, let me back up a bit....
We got our first faint line on the morning of 9/15. I saw it. I convinced myself it was there and that I wasn't crazy. So, I showed Hubby. He required a flashlight to see it. (See how neurotic we've become? Neurotic, but hey, we're in it together!) So, we didn't really tell. Took another one in the PM, and we both saw it. Told parents and some family. This morning---my morning line was faint. I was a bit bummed, thinking we'd jumped the gun or something.... Retested in the PM. Saw the pink line within 60 seconds. Faint, but quick to appear. That was reassuring....but I just HAD to have the digital to make myself feel better. Reading "pregnant" on that stick----it's reassuring. I don't know why, but it is.

Now, the last time I read "pregnant" on a pregnancy test was with our pregnancy with Masyn, and well....we didn't bring a baby home. So, that's kind of floating in the back of my mind.... but, still. Somehow, I feel comforted by reading those words.

So---while I have no super-creative way of announcing this pregnancy and I'm texting and blogging the news instead....we just can't help ourselves. We are bursting with excitement and couldn't possibly wait to pull together some creative announcement!

OMG, I'm pregnant!
....according to my calculations....I'll be due at the end of May.

Pregnant!
Pregnant!
Pregnant!






Labels:

24 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Congratulations!! So exciting!

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

This is SUCH exciting news... All the best for the next 9 months. Yay! xxx

 
At 4:54 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Congratulations!

 
At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

What fantasic news! Enjoy every second of this news.

Sending lots of love!!!

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger LauraC said...

Who cares how you announce it? The important part is PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYY!

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I'm so thrilled to see this post!!! Wonderful, wonderful awesome news. (it's been so fun to hear about your whole process just a few days ahead of we're I am).

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Woops, I pressed send too fast.

H&H 9 months!!! Are you going to keep blogging???

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You were on my mind so much this weekend and i prayed several times for you ~ so excited for you!!! will continue praying for a healthy, easy on mama pregnancy!! =)

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Amanda---I think I've been blogging since 2004. Cant stop now!

Thank you guys so much for the well wishes!

I called my mom again last night after 10, just to say, "I'm pregnant" again out loud.

This morning... "I'm still pregnant."
I can't seem to say it enough!

I'm pregnant!
I'm pregnant!
I'm pregnant!

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymouse said...

Yea! Yea! Yea!

Congrats to you! When is your sono?

I want to know how many!

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Beta blood draw is tomorrow. Sono? I dunno yet...

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Beta blood draw is tomorrow. Sono? I dunno yet...

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Erica said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so exciting!!! Can't wait to see if it is one or two??

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations and God Bless!

 
At 10:31 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2 babies....but that's just me being selfish and wanting a girl I can buy LOTS and LOTS of tutu's for!!!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Congratulations! That's so wonderful! And I think May will be a good time. That's right before it gets really hot. I assume Texas is fairly similar to Mississippi with heat and seasons...

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

I want a baby so bad...that I'm stuffing away my fears of this body being in a brand new postpartum state at swimsuit season!

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Pamela Lambie said...

Love you mucho! I am so excited for you, sweet friend! I can't wait to hug you! XO

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger TwinsanityMom - Janet said...

So, so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

Congratulations!
You keep saying pregnant pregnant pregnant.... maybe it's triplets. ha.

Feel well.
All the best....

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So excited for you!!! I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy and if there is 1 or 2 babies!!! Your "chance" just became reality friend. Congrats!

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Hooray!! I'm so excited for you!

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Too bad you aren't still here everyday so we can sneak in the back doc room and get an early sneak peek of the little boogers....and if anyone that works with me reads this....you didn't read this and I have never ever done this before!!!! :)

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Alicia Brunson said...

WAHOO!!!! He is forming the little one(s) in the innermost parts of your being!!! Congrats!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home