Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 03, 2012

What is THAT?


Gage: "What is that?"
Mommy: "Oh, it's the new home phone."
Gage: "Does it have a camera?"
Mommy: "No."
Gage: "Does it have any games?"
Mommy: laughing now, "No."
Gage: "So, what does it do?"
Mommy: "What does it 'do'? It doesn't 'do' anything except give you telephone service when you need it."
Gage: "That's it?"
Mommy: "Yeah."
Gage: "That's not a very good phone."

Gage---if it makes you feel better, your father agrees.
Me? It gives me peace of mind, okay?

Previous comment from Hubby:
"The first month we go without a phone call, I'm turning it off."

Telemarketers & prank callers: bring it, 'cuz Momma's keepin' this home phone.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Feel free to send me your number...I can call once a month! :)

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Judy said...

We still have our landline. But, as soon as Travis gets his cell phone (since he's the one at home alone most days for about 20 minutes) at the end of the summer, we're cutting it. With three cell phones, we're pretty sure we're reachable.

FWIW, our landline is local only with no voice mail. In the three months we've had it this way, there has not been one single call come through that we needed to take - all telemarketers, etc. We keep it, though, for when the boys are at home alone, which is happening more frequently now that I'm subbing.

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Hilarious!

I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes the power goes out but there is still phone service (like in a storm). Cell service might also be down and you could still make calls. Of course, in my head this is a hurricane scenario and who could you call to come help? Ah well. I still think it's a good idea.

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I love my landline - despite the marketing calls. In case of a power outage, I don't trust myself to have my cell phone fully charged.

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger lisa said...

That really made me laugh! BTW it's suppost to be better for 911 . . . maybe you could sell it that way

 
At 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really funny. I agree with Gage that's not a very good phone LOL :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home