Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happier Things.

Life continues.
The sadness continues, but, you know what?
Life brings happiness too.

There were several things I intended to post before Allen died, and I never really got around to it. Before I can post about the good stuff going on now, I need to post about the good stuff that already was...


So, here are some happier things....

Happiness Is...

...wearing earrings from your husband...

...participating in some fitness-thing at your kiddo's school in the middle of the day...



...Sonic Happy Hour with your son...



...watching the calf frolic. {Do cows 'frolic'? This little one seems to. He is so much fun to watch!}

...breakfast in bed, after sleeping in. {And, no, it was for no special day or reason at all! How lucky am I???}

Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up the slack. ~Hazelmarie Elliott (“Mattie”)





4 Comments:

At 3:40 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

I love reading about the fun and care-free times that you spend with Gage. It puts a smile on my face. Even happy hour at Sonic, because I know that those are the times that he will remember spending with his mommy!! :)

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Beth said...

To experience happiness in the midst of sadness doesn’t seem possible, does it? And yet we do. And in doing so, I think we honour life itself – and the lives of those we have lost.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Loved seeing you smile!!! Still thinking about you and how I'm going to drive to your house one Thursday for sonic happy hour and pedicures!!!

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I love Sonic & especially Happy Hour!
How is Gage with everything going on? I know it must make it so much more difficult to have a child to protect/inform, etc.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home