Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Traversing Tahoe-Town

Well....out here in Tahoe-Town, the bridge that pretty much connects this land to the rest of the world was shut down. 18-wheeler incident. Spilled fuel. All the glorious details that contribute to a lengthy & winding commute through this city, which I lovingly call: Tahoe-Town.

My commute this morning took 2.5 hours.
UGH!

The up-sides:
*XM radio Back-Spin station so that I could crank it up & belt out lyrics to Beastie Boys, Tupac, others...
*I was protected from unknowingly becoming a part of the collision or fuel spill...

The down-sides:
*2.5 hours in a car in the windy FM roads with no convenient stopping locations that have a bathroom! Hello! Bumper-to-bumper traffic on a two lane country road when you sooooo have to pee? It's horrible. That's why I had to crank up the old school rap & sing at the top of my lungs: to distract myself.
*having a whole big bowl of this super yummy fruit salad in my car for a party today at work, and NO SPOON. Yes, I considered eating up all the fruit salad & taking nothing to the party. Alas, I had no spoon, and I was unable to follow through with my selfish desire.
*simply having a 2.5 hour commute.
*being on the edge of my seat every time I pushed on the brake because the teeny-bopper behind me was so distracted on her way to high school. She was distracted by her friend in the passenger seat...her cell phone...the radio. You name it! She seemed utterly surprised every time I stopped. {Did I mention that we were in bumper-to-bumper stop-&-go traffic? My use of the brake should not have been surprising, yet it seemed to be. Repeatedly.} I was fairly certain that she was going to rear-end me. Luckily it never happened.

I was so frustrated at one point that I just almost called in.
...or quit over the phone.
But then I thought: but, I won't be able to get home (or anywhere else!) in any sort of timely manner, so I should just stay here in traffic...and slowly make my way to work.

And so---I survived this morning's traffic.
...barely.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM , Blogger Brandie said...

I heard about that this morning. I think it made the entire area late starting their day. I noticed the heavy traffic on our highway (miles away from you) and it was late morning even then :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home