Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I miss blogging, and I blame HP!


...well, and this full time job of mine, but that's beating a dead horse at this point.

Anyhow....
I have had such MASSIVE problems with my current HP notebook. I never should have bought an HP G-series. Never.
My last HP was AWESOME. {HP Pavilion}
I should have known there were problems with this one when I didn't care for the way the mouse buttons felt to my little thumbs. {I'm just sayin....}

So, my complaint about this G series HP notebook: you fire it up, and less than 3 minutes into things, everything just freezes. It's doing the same thing in safe mode. It's doing the same thing even after it was wiped clean & restored to the factory settings. UGH!

Then you call the 1800-HP-INVENT number and they want to trouble-shoot everything under the sun. "Yes, Ding-dong, I tried restarting it." "Yes, I know for a fact that it's not overheating because it's not ON long enough to overheat."

So, he has me perform some hard drive test.
"Yeah, turn it on and hit F2 repeatedly...."
"Ok, now turn it off."
"Now turn it on & hit escape repeatedly..."

Guess what: "It appears that your hard drive is faulty and we will need to replace the hard drive. We will mail you a new hard drive."
STEP ON THE BRAKES, PAL!!!!

I'm sorry. Are you f*cking stupid? I clearly haven't made my wants and needs transparent enough for you: when I said "Where will HP authorize me to take this laptop for evaluation & repair?" that's what I meant. WHERE WILL YOU FIX THIS? WHAT LOCAL OUTLET IS AVAILABLE TO ME AS THE CONSUMER?
This ya-hoo has gone on & on about my only two HP options: they can mail me a hard-drive that I can replace myself (because yeah, I know how to do that...) or mail me a box in which I can return my laptop & they will fix it for me.
Awesome---because that's what I want to do, wait on you guys to MAIL ME A BOX, so that I can fill it & mail it back to you...and be without my computer for even longer.

HP----your warranty program SUCKS. My computer is less than a year old.

You can fix this one. That's fine. But my next one won't be an HP. I'm just sayin'....

****************************
Oh crap. I just googled "HP warranty sucks" and ALL KINDS of stuff came up! One person wrote that they mailed their laptop to HP & HP claimed to never get it, and another wrote that HP promised to return it in 3-5 days, and they didn't & returned it a few days after the warranty expired.

...I'm going to get them to send me a hard drive!
And this is the LAST HP I will ever buy.
Ever.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Let me just tell you that my HP laptop was the thing I had before my iMac. I will NEVER look back. I had to send my laptop to them THREE TIMES in a box. Now, I will say, that they took good care of me, minus the hurricane (Ike) that held my laptop at their repair center in Houston for 3.5 weeks (UGH). By the third time, though, I knew I was done with them. They patched it, it worked for about another 4 months or so, then I raided the Apple store, spent my money on something that really works. HP does indeed suck!

 
At 12:43 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

It's because it isn't an Apple....I'm just saying. An apple a day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home