Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Christmas #1: Darnin & PawPaw's

We celebrated Christmas at Darnin & Pawpaw's just prior to Christmas. It was great!




The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


And Darnin & PawPaw filled them up there!






Gage thought he wasn't going to get ANY gifts. It seemed like everyone else got a gift from under the tree except him.... {though, I can assure you---his gifts were coming!}


See?


Now, I must take this opportunity to once again mention: PawPaw's Grab Bags. Twice a year, PawPaw makes us girls "Grab Bags." They are AWE.SOME!!!! Really---it's all kinds of little thoughtful gifts or clever things he's picked up here, there, & yonder. They are soooooo much fun!

And yet, the guys are always a bit left out. This year, Darnin did bags for the guys. Oh, and did I mention that each couple got their grab bag goodies in matching bags from Thirty-one? They are soooooo awesome too, and that's a gift in itself! {seriously, I love the bags. They match, they're durable, they're cute...I really COULD go on & on!}

Pics of the guys...

Hubby got "A Jelly of the Every-Other-Month Club" year supply!


Oh, it was so fun....

Us gals....


...and just for fun (or are you trying to tell me something???) I got this super fun wine. {No, I won't be opening it or drinking it because the bottle is too much fun to keep around! ....until Gage can read it or knows what it says!!! It reads "Crazy Bitch" and it's bottled by "Two Hoes". Love it!}


It's no big secret that we always joke about PawPaw hitting it out of the park with regard to gift giving and these grab bags. On the other hand, Hubby & I always joke about this old SNL skit about "The Two A-holes." At the end of the skit, the wife A-hole tells the husband A-hole that for Christmas she wants a beach & a donkey. Some things just strike you as funny & stick with you. As does the beach & donkey comment for our house.... And what should appear at the bottom of my grab ba????

A beach! And a donkey!


Hubby's reaction...



The beach is a little glass box with sand & seashells. The donkey is a little donkey figurine. These items are destined to be future holiday decor each & every year!


We all got comfy slipper sock house-shoes....



It was great fun, and our last Christmas in that house. Darnin & PawPaw sold their house, and moved just after Christmas to a different house in the same town. I'll have to post about that soon, but in the meantime, I've only blogged up until the day of Christmas Eve!

I still have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and NY's Eve to cover! I'm sooooo behind.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to see you smiling! I love the grab bag idea! :)

 
At 9:32 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

Okay so in Nevada there are only 300 people who sell 31. I had never heard of it before. But then two weeks ago a mom at Brandon's school handed me a catalogue and I just died. I rushed right out and ordered the exact tote you got but in the brown polka dots. I can't wait to put it in my car and take it to the farmers market and buy every other thing in the book!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home