Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Texas State Fair 2011

About a month ago we went to the Texas State Fair.
I LOVE the Texas State Fair!

I have to say though, the older I get, the worse those spinny rides are. Hubby agrees. Next year, we will definitely get Gage to invite a little friend! He needs a friend to ride those spinny rides with him.

We had fun though.
So, here are some pictures!




This is Big Tex. Every year, he's erected in Fair Park where we have our fair, and he welcomes folks. "Howdy, folks! I'm Big Tex." It's awesome. He's freaky weird looking, but in a totally awesome way.
:)
We heard someone (not likely a Texan) come into the fair and say, "Oh look! A big cowboy!" It was so neat to me. It made me think: wow, I've grown up with Big Tex. He's an annual staple for me, but she was seeing him for the first time, and I just wondered what she thought. {Yeah...um....I stopped myself from asking her, though you all know that I wanted to...}

After that, it was off to the Midway to ride the rides!





They have you buy coupons for the rides. That way, they take the whole 'it-actually-cost-$5-per-person-to-ride-this-ride' out of it. You just buy the coupons & pay the designated # of coupons to ride, and then suddenly you realize you just spent $50 (or more!) on 5 rides.


Ugh! It's a super-spinny ride!


Gage loved the slide....




Gage won his first prize at the little carnival game section. He was so proud of himself! It took several tries....but, he was so proud of himself in the end.

{Oh, we took Gage for a haircut in the morning before we headed out to the fair. He opted for blue hair gel. Check it out. And the scrape on his face? Yeah, he fell on his school trip to the pumpkin patch. Poor kiddo.}

Gage took turns taking Mommy & Daddy on different rides. Daddy went with Gage into this one particular fun house.


At the end, wouldn't you know it: bubbles! Gage loved it.


While I was patiently waiting outside the fun house, I started to really look at the attraction, and I noticed some....ummm.....well, just creepiness!

First: the creepy-ass clown. Check it out.



And then----tell me, how appropriate is THIS scenario?



Ewwwwwwww!!!!

Gage was excited about going on a spinny roller coaster. It's a roller coaster, and it spins!? A total dream ride if you're a kiddo.





Poor Daddy. He was sooooo sick after that ride!
:(
....and it was time to go!!!!

Gage had a blast, and I'm glad we went. Next year, like I wrote earlier, he'll get to take a friend!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

I think clowns are creepy. They are always smiling. That means they have some kind of agenda and it can't be good. Yes, thanks Stephan King for ruining it for me.

Big Tex is the first thing that my kids want to see. We have been twice and I don't think my kids will forget him or the candy on a stick.

It looks like you guys had a great time.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Oh, yeah. The fun house did look a little inappropriate.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, the irony!
Check out Hubby's shirt.
There I was blogging about the inappropriate fun house.
Hahahahaha!
The good news: Gage can't yet read Hubby's shirt. Or the walls of the fun house for that matter!

 
At 8:17 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

um....peeing outside and drinking..odd. But that clown would scare the shit out of my husband and now I'm sad he will never get to see him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home