Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 07, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!

So, I've been married for 8 years....

Way back when....

Our engagement....
Damon proposed in Aruba.


funny story about that...we were walking on the beach, and we just kept walking, and walking...and walking. I was ready to go back, but he kept us going along the beach. Later he told me that he was going over what he was going to say in his head, but kept getting it wrong, so he just kept walking & going over it again & again. Finally, he stopped & got down on one knee. Just as he started the proposal, a party barge docked & started blaring "The Electric Slide" sooooooooooo loud. I could barely hear his words over the music. Anyway.... that was our proposal.

And here were our engagement announcement postcards....


After that....engagement pics...

(this one was taken on the porch of the building where we got married)

And, I lived in downtown Dallas when we met, and then we got a loft together downtown...so we had our engagement pics taken downtown.


And...we had wedding showers! (I felt like a total spazz being the center of attention & opening gifts. The attention part wasn't so bad, but I get completely freaked out about opening gifts in front of others....but, I have to say that having wedding showers & a baby shower has really helped w/ that whole fear thing. It's not so bad anymore, but I was completely freaked out at my first wedding shower!)


Of course, there was a bachelorette party....which included me being spanked by a random (& might I point out: older) man...

And lots of alcohol consumption...(who??? me????)

And...me, at the end of the night, modeling lingerie...over my clothes.

[there were also body shots off Mike Modano's chest...but I believe HUBBY destroyed those... Hey, Hubby...I still married YOU!]

And then...November 7th came.
It was a rainy, cold day.
I started the day @ Methodist Hospital checking on my Papa, and wouldn't you know it---I show up for a visit b/c I just knew they wouldn't let him out for my wedding. Well, I was wrong! Shortly after I got there, the doc came in & d/c'd him. Woohoo!

It was a busy day. I am sure I was a bitch...I don't remember. In fact, I don't ever remember telling Megan to get sugar b/c I was apparently certain that the caterer would forget. So, she says that I sent her to the store for sugar, and since I was not clear about cubes or granulated....I don't know, maybe she brought both.

I had to run back to the loft for something...and I remember that the last non-wedding song that I heard that day was "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith. Random memory, I know...

Before I knew it, it was dark...and wedding time. We were married on a Friday night at the Scottish Rite Cathedral downtown...(& like I said, it was rainy)


My dad walked me down the stairs, into the ballroom, & down the aisle...


We were married in the center of the ballroom with the guests & bridal party all around us. It was different, but perfect for us.


Mr. & Mrs.....


My fabulous super huge wedding cake...made by my mother!


I had fun & funky black feathers everywhere! In my hair, in my bouquet, on the cake, & in the floral arrangements...


I was sooooooooo tired by the end. And my hubby whisked me away! (Honestly, it was cold & wet. He ran down those stairs carrying me, and I was so afraid that he was going to drop me!)


...and then it was over.


We stayed that night @ the Adolphus downtown. We were so hungry...and the restaurant there was closed. Room Service was closed...or it was going to take a long time...something. I can't remember, but we ended up calling Mark (the best man) & he went to Whataburger for us. We ate Whataburger & crashed. Fun, huh?

:)

And now, it's been 8 years.
Happy Anniversary, Hubby!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Anonymous JessN said...

What a totally romantic, amazing and awesome story! I've heard so many but it's really neat to see the photos of you two back "in the day". Congrats on 8 wonderful years, and many more! B/c I couldnt stand not living next door to you ;)

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures, Happy Anniversary! :-)

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Your wedding is still one of the most beautiful and unique I have ever been to. I loved seeing all of those pictures again. Happy Anniversary to you both!
Love,
Jessica

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

I forgot that you were married the week after I did!! And we couldn't go because we were on our honeymoon. I think this is the first time I have seen pictures and everything looked beautiful!!! I can't believe it was that long ago!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home