Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lotta work & a little laundry....

So, a while ago we installed cabinets in the laundry room.
The laundry room came with a shelf & hanging bar above the hook-ups for the washer & dryer, but that was it.
The laundry room became our official catch-all, hide-all, where-in-the-world-are-we-gonna-put-this kind of spot.

So, we got cabinets.
We all worked on assembling them & installing them.
Good times... {not really....except for two things: watching Gage use the hammer on the little nails, and finally using the finished project. Other than those two things---yeah, it all pretty much sucked. But, thanks Hubby for doing all the man-work.}

Before Pics...Notice all the "junk"...and by that I mean, "valued treasures & stuff that needs a home."



Cleaned up a bit....



During Pics...





After pics...





I'd REALLY like to wall-mount a wrapping paper station above the washer/dryer, and use the top of the washer/dryer for gift wrapping....
Some ideas:



What do ya think?
I think Hubby might be against the whole wrapping paper thing----claiming that it will make the room look too junky..... but I think it would be a great opportunity for stream-lining & limiting my giftwrap... Who's with me????

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 7:49 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I don't know about gift wrapping but that would be perfect for all my Mum making supplies and all our Indian bangles. We have several hundred and many are glass. I have been looking for a solution that would keep them safe.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I love it! If it makes you feel any better we have chafing dishes on the shelf in our laundry closet because that's where they belong, you know? :)

My only concern with the gift wrap is if the room gets humid, but then I just live in a humid city. Otherwise, that's a great place to put it.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger lisa said...

My concern would be the height of the washer and dryer. I think we are the same height, and it looks like it would be a little high. I do like the frame and dowel idea, but I don’t know if I would hang my ribbon that way. I love the cabinets though! I wish I had a laundry room instead of a closet!

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

We thought about putting cabinets above our washer and dryer too. Where did you get them?

I like the wrapping/ribbon station. Just make sure it is not too high for you.:)

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

We thought about putting cabinets above our washer and dryer too. Where did you get them?

I like the wrapping/ribbon station. Just make sure it is not too high for you.:)

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Ok, I don't know why that posted twice.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

It looks great! I love the wrapping paper station too!

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

The cabinets look great! The wrapping station is a neat idea.

 
At 12:12 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

First of all, that looks freaking fabulous!! Second, I totally want a clothes rod in my laundry room now!!!!

Third, the gift wrap idea is awesome. But in the laundry room? I'd be worried about the humidity too (as mentioned previously I see) but it was my first thought. I can't wait to see what you do though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home