Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Life In The Country....

...so I post about the down-side to life in the country....like:
* Using phrases like, "intah towwwn"
* The bugs (hello spiders of all kinds that I'd only heard of but never really seen until I moved out here to the country...)
* The fact that there is A donut shop, and A hair-cuttin'-place (NOT to be confused with a salon or spa)...
* No AT&T U-verse!

But what I rarely post about is the whole Mayberry-appeal to life out here.
In the Big City of Dallas, DFD was not likely to just STOP by to pass out hats to the kids & stickers and let the kids climb all over the fire engine like a jungle gym....but around here---you bet they are!

{Back row: Some firemen. Front row: H & Gage (H is Gage's neighborhood Bestie)}

I happily trade what I had for this Mayberry life....
So what if I have to go "intah towwwwwn" for groceries?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

That is awesome. I am going to take Zakary up the the station one of these days. He is fascinated but the firemen.

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I am a Big City Gal, but I can definitely see the appeal of small town life--especially when there's a small boy involved. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home