Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ask, and ye shall receive.

....remember when I hinted to {or flat out told} Hubby that I wanted a boat for my birthday?

Well, HAPPY FREAKIN' BIRTHDAY TO ME!

...let me back up.
Hubby took us to the Bass Pro Shop to look at boats...Oh, we LOVE the Bass Pro Shop!








We left without a boat.
But--that's okay, we had a lot of fun...

Thursday night...Hubby took me to look at boat slips in Rockwall....what!?!? We're getting a boat!? Yes. Yes, we are.

Friday on the way home from work...picked up the boat fire extinguisher, life jackets, more sunscreen, a new rear-view mirror, a tube.... you get it.

Saturday, Hubby & his dad went to pick up the boat. Guess where I went! Are you ready??? Work. Yup. 12 hour shift. Good times, I assure you.
And, it was a really craptastic work day, which actually worked out for me to make the day go by faster. I had some down time, but not much.

Came home....finally got to sleep around 3am.
Up this morning by 7:30, on the water by 9:30.

So.......I got a boat!
...and I have NO PICTURES OF THE BOAT TO SHOW YOU. Yes, I have pics of the fun we had, but I never took a step back to just take a picture of the boat. That will have to come later.
Pics from our day today....

Mommy & Gage at the marina...


Gage & Daddy feeding the ducks...














There was so much fun out there today. We had fun just riding...then we went to the Harbor for lunch at Ruby Tuesday...and then---then----{Megan, Susan, you ready for this???} LAINEY-PANEY JUMPED OFF THE BOAT AND INTO THE WATER! {I made the Megan/Susan reference b/c they've actually been to the lake with me, and they've been on a river rafting trip with me, and they can count on one hand {or zero hands} how many times they've seen me get into water like that.}

There's something about being a mom that makes you do stuff that you don't want to do. {Gin, I know you'll appreciate this sentiment...you abhor going to the dentist, and yet, you want the boys to take care of their teeth & have good oral hygeine...and so....you're doing it, and I'm proud of you for facing the fear and powering through!} I don't want to show paralyzing fear relating to lake water and have my son sense that, feel like, or worse--understand it and accept that fear as his own. I want him to have fun lake memories. I want him to know what it must feel like to gleefully jump from the boat into the water with no fears. So, yes, I got into the water all by myself. I jumped about 5 feet from the boat, and then swam as fast as I could to the little ladder TO GET THE HELL OUTTA THAT WATER!
But the point is: I did it.
And, I tubed. Solo.
It was awesome. We all had so much fun.
Left the lake about 2:30. We were done. Gage ASKED for a nap. He was asleep before we were out of the marina parking lot.

Came home, showered, and snuggled on one couch with Gage & Hubby was on the other. We ALL napped.

I can't believe it.
Hubby got me a boat.
It's red & white.
It's not too big, but I still can't drive it all by myself.

I can't wait to make more lake memories....but hopefully, this will be the only time Gage asks to take a picture of my "crazy hair."


{Yes, I need many beautiful scarves to tie my hair down. And yes, I know that I'm brave for posting quite possibly THE most unflattering picture of myself.}

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Melissa Jeffery said...

Laine, I am SOOOOO proud of you! Today looked like such a fun day and Gage looked absolutely happy. The pictures bring back so many memories of being on the lake when I was young. I only hope that I will ever be as good a mom as you are by facing your fears! (And I am jealous!)

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Maggie May said...

how fun! that boat is gorgeous

 
At 5:50 AM , Anonymous Ginger said...

So I might be willing to go to the dentist...with lots of drugs and such. But I will NEVER be jumping into lake water...off a boat. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it! But!!!! Yea! for facing that fear and going for it! Lakes totally gross me out!

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Holy crap what a shocker! Now I am terribly jealous. You are now going to have to be my best friend. The boat puts you on the top of the list. I am so happy for you!

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Congrats!!! Looks like an awesome (and cute) boat!!! ;)

 
At 4:58 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Congrats! I never would have thought to ask for a boat!

 
At 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the boat! Enjoy it! :) I'm so jealous!

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Totally miss having a boat...you'll love the heck out of it!

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I LOVE TUBING!!! YES, we must go on the boat!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home