Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, March 19, 2010

What a beating of a day.

My day: (took the day off work to work on my mega-paper)

wake up 7:30

Gage, up, dressed, breakfast.

8:45 Out the door to take Gage to Memaw's

9:30-10:30: exchange Gage's shoes @ Target b/c Hubby bought a pair (FIVE SIZES) too small. (WTF was he thinking!?)

11:00 home, gather paper writing junk. Open laptop.

WHAT THE F*CK? The screen went black.

Every time I turned it on, it turned off.

Run up stairs----use that computer to find a place to buy a new battery for the laptop. Why??? Because the draft of the paper is ON the laptop. NO, I didn't save it to the little memory stick thing because when I was going to---the laptop kept turning off!

Closest place that has the battery: Plano's Batteries Plus.

fine. Go there.

$100+ later---I've got a new battery.

Problem: that's only 1/2 the problem. Screen won't light up.

Go to Computer Junction in Richardson.

fine. $75 to plug in a cable that came loose?

fine. pay it. Go home.

2pm: lunch.

And now, my day off has been WASTED with running around, and I've only added 2 pages in length to what I'd hope to finish today.



I want to take a nap.

:(



that's my whine for today.

thanks for reading.

I'm still typing, and that means that I am procrastinating.



....crickets....crickets......

Okay---fine! I'll log off! I'm leaving now. Back to work on my paper.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger Carina said...

I know it's not really consolation to hear it, but we've all been there, sister. Just give a good old fashioned scream, and maybe a cry or two. Ugh.

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

ANd to think....a coworker asked me today....is B doing something fun on her days off? After my scoffing I told her what you were doing (because I actually DO pay attention to what you tell me)!!! =) Hope you got it done and it's fabulous...I missed you!

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

FYI for the future. The lap top will power up with a dead battery if you take the battery out and run it though the power cord. We have one with no battery and that is how we use it.

 
At 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nightmare...sorry this happened to you.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Murphy's Law totally sucks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home