Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, February 12, 2010

Today. No Heat. No Work. More Snow.

Well, we woke up at 2:30 in the morning to the Dallas Fire Department being at our house.
Why?
Down power line in our front yard.
There were sparks.
There were flames.
There was smoke.
There was NO HEAT & NO ELECTRICITY in the Casa de Lainey-Paney.

At 2:45 in the morning, I was calling in to work.

We couldn't leave the house.
We couldn't go in our front yard.
We couldn't watch the news.

Hubby moved the guest bed mattress into the middle of the living room floor, and we all bunked in there---keeping warm by the fire.
Pics from the backyard this morning:
The tricycle....










FINALLY---late this morning we got to leave. The fire department was at our house ALL NIGHT LONG.
But, this morning---with no heat, no coffee, no way to warm Gage's milk (yes, he still likes his milk warm, and I oblige him....), and no cartoons----I was fairly certain that our house may just implode.
We packed our bags & headed to the in-law's.

Pics from driving in:



And then the fun REALLY started....
The in-laws live on a golf course in a golf community.
Everyone was out w/ their golf carts---getting stuck in the snow, but riding around. Playing on the hills....We had so much fun! For.....about 30 minutes....and then we were all wet & tired...










So, we still have no idea if we have electricity back at our house or not.
I have no idea if it was just our house or if more were affected... We'll just have to wait & see, I suppose.

What I reeeeeeeeally want to do is drive out to the new house & see how it looks all covered in snow! But....I won't....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

PS: Like my coat?
I had it in the car.
Other than this one coat---Hubby packed up all the coats in the coat closet, so I had NO romp-in-the-snow coats.
That's okay....

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

What happened to the last post? I actually looked ok in that one.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I totally thought of you guys when I heard about the Dallas snowstorm. My parents got about 4 inches in Jacksonville, but that was it. We got NADA. Typical. Everyone gets the fun stuff but us.

Hope everything is back to normal there (whatever that may be, hahaha).

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Christy said...

You guys have the worst luck. Every time I read your blog I hear about leaking roofs and car accident and no electricity. Poor Lainey-Paney.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home