Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mommy's Special...but she's not THAT special.

So...it all started with this song...

I am special
I am special

Don't you see?
Don't you see?

Someone very special.
Someone very special.

Because God made me.
God made me.


Gage: "Well, God didn't make ME."
Mommy: "Yes he did."
Gage: "NO! You made me in your tummy!"
Mommy: "Well..." {think fast Mom! How do you explain all this to your 3 year old!?}
Gage: "Are YOU GOD?"
Mommy: "Well, no..."

And then we proceeded to have a conversation about how yes, I did grow Gage in my tummy, but only after we wished, hoped, and prayed for a baby. And God gave Gage to us as a blessing.

I don't know how much he understood or retained....but the conversation had NOTHING to do with sex {thank goodness!} and ended with Gage saying "YOU'RE NOT GOD!"

...and there you have it, folks.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Ha! I love this! What a smart boy Gage is!

There have been days when I've insisted to my boys that I am, indeed, God. Usually it's because I'm at my whit's end about something and it is just time they followed through with what I've asked. I'm pretty sure they're not actually buying my claim, and I'm pretty sure it's going to get me in trouble down the line if I don't stop, but when it works, it works!

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

That is so cute! Gage sounds like a smart dude ;)

 
At 5:49 AM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Huh, that's funny... I had a very similar conversation with my 3 year old today about where he came from.

It was mostly about "how did I get out"... thinking fast, I said "a doctor took you out" and he goes "but from where...???"

... I changed the subject!

 
At 6:35 AM , Anonymous Patty said...

LOL! Too Cute! Well at least we know who god isn't accordingt o Gage! That conversation could have gone in a total different direction. Whew!

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I think you did a good job! Gage is a blessing from God and he will understand one day.....

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Oh, he cracks me up!

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Angel said...

oh to be young and have a simple answer for everything.....I loves me some Gage!

 
At 11:44 AM , Anonymous Misguided Mommy said...

WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL!

YOUR SON SERIOUSLY SAYS THE CUTEST THINGS

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Bwahahahaha - I love this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home