Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Camp Wanica... May 2, 2009

So, I've been behind in posting about Camp Wanica, and really, it is so very much fun!

I was telling Mom after Camp Wanica---I feel like I got to see everyone, and talk to everyone, but I don't really feel like I got to sit & visit with most of them, you know???

Camp Wanica is a campground that my mom's side of the family rents about twice a year. Our crowd has grown so much that we don't really fit into anyone's house anymore!
My mom's the youngest out of 7 girls. Each of the girls had at least two kiddos, and I'm the youngest grandchild. So, you can imagine....

Let's see---my grandmother has great-great-grandchildren. How neat is that?

So...the morning of our Camp Wanica trip, Gage was wound-for-sound, ready to go!


Now, if you remember from Camp Wanica trips past, my kid rolls up and said (in the past), "Mommy, what's that?" It was a cow. My city-slicker-kid couldn't identify a real-life cow. Sad, isn't it?

So...our little visits out to the country are quite educational for Gage. He plays with his cousins, 2nd cousins, and 3rd cousins! He sees cows, and hay, and road-runner birds, and runs wild & free. It's a good time. There is a playground there, and a pool too. (I suppose that's not necessarily getting in touch with nature, but whatever. It keeps the little ones entertained!)





There's a piano there, and all of the little ones love to play "music" for us...




Gage & Nora....they're exactly 3 weeks apart in age.



Nora is my cousin's daughter.
:)
And now, Nora's mommy is pregnant with TWINS!

Playground Fun....




Even Aunt Loraine got on the swings!


If you do it right, you can get all the kids to spin you around on the merry-go-round!


We had Trystan's birthday party while we were there too.






More Family Fun....





My Mamasita, My Mema, and me....


Mrs.Robinson (Mema's neighbor forever), My Mamasita, Mema, and me....and my crazy Aunt Wanda...


Saying Bye-Bye to Mema



And by the end of the day....my child was FILTHY! A sure sign of a great little boy day....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

We do this kinda thing with my big Cajun family. Fun times!

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

What a fun family gathering! I bet Gage slept like a rock all night!

And holy cow -- your mom is GORGEOUS! Now I totally see where you get it!

And I def like you better without glasses. :)

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Beth said...

You are so lucky to have such a large, fun-loving and beautiful family!

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger JoAnna said...

Look at those adorable toes!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home