Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, January 10, 2009

TENACITY

Thank you, Susan, for emailing me on my down & dumpy disappointing day. You used the word "tenacity" in your email.

I've been focused on that word ever since.
Seriously.

From there, I climbed out of my dark hole of disappointment, brushed myself off, and got back to work.

A local senator's office has agreed to look at my proposal after SOMEONE ELSE changed their mind. Certainly this senator has not (yet) agreed to sponsor my proposal, but at least here in the 11th hour they've agreed to look at it.

I just have to remind myself---it took 5 years to get this passed in another state. I can't give up at the first little round of disappointment. There may be others in the future, and I plan to handle each one better than the last.

:)

8 Comments:

At 8:02 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

So sorry to hear you've hit a road bump but it is such an amazing thing you are doing....stay strong! I am so inspired by your dedication to such an important cause...i'll be praying for you!

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry that you've hit this speed bump, but I'm hoping that this local senator agrees to sponsor it. If not, you will find someone. It will happen. Even after the law is passed you won't stop fighting for kids.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Dangit, I was afraid it was something related to your bill that had you feeling down. Stay after them!!!

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Hang in there mate...

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Tenacious and committed - a powerful combination.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Keep at it, Sweetie! I know these kinds of things are tough to get passed!

Add fortitude to your tenacity and Beth's commitment.

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Why in the HELL would someone not sponsor your bill?? That just pisses me off.

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm sorry!!! You defiitely can't give up. You have come a long way. It will take more hard work and time, but it will be worth it in the end and if anyone can do it...it is you. I believe that wholeheartedly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home