Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Eggs & Disappointment.



I am thirty years old, and I should know better than to put all of my eggs in one basket.

Today....well, in short, I found myself extremely, utterly, wholly-engrossed in disappointment.

And so right now, I'll leave you with these disappointment quotes.

“The prompter the refusal, the less the disappointment”
~Publilius Syrus quotes (Roman author, 1st century B.C.)

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
~Martin Luther King, Jr

"The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way."
~Robert Kiyosaki

"Disappointment, when it involves neither shame nor loss, is as good as success; for it supplies as many images to the mind, and as many topics to the tongue."
~Samuel Johnson

"Disappointment weighs heavy on the pride."
~Mike Howerton

"Rigid beliefs make disappointments seem unbearable, whereas realistic beliefs help us to accept disappointment and go on from there."
~Eileen Kennedy-moore

"There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love."
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tomorrow may be better.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

13 Comments:

At 6:45 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

I'm sorry today was so bad for you.I believe tomorrow will be so much better for you!

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

just wanted to say "hey!" and let you know i love having your comments and am adding you to my blogger reader.

don't let whatever it is get the best of you. and know that you will get through.

in the immortal words of that great man, kanye west, "n-n-now that that don't kill me,can only make me stronger..."

ahh, kanye. who knew he was so wise?

{thinking of you.}

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Tomorrow is always a better day.... usually. It's what I live for... Most of the time. I'm here if you need to talk.

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Love said...

love both the martin luther king, jr quotes.
wishing you continued hope & peace!

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Awwww {{{HUGS}}}. Hope whatever dissapointed you can be resolved.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I'm sorry that you are dissappointed. :( I hope that things get better.

 
At 3:18 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling down..hang in there. Be strong.

Your hard work and dedication will pay off.

HUGS!

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I hope it isn't disappointment from the bill you're trying to get past for Riley.

Hugs.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sorry you had a rough day. I hope tomorrow will be much better.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm sorry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Thinking of you.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that.

Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully it will be a better day.

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Oh, do we ever learn not to put all our eggs in one basket?! I'm in my 40s and each time I do it and get my ass kicked, I think I've learned! Somehow I end up doing it again! ARGH!

Love the quotes, esp. the MLK one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home