Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rockin', Broken, & Barely Hanging On...

My husband is ROCKIN'!

He got me my power cord adapter thing for my computer, therefore I am blogging.

My child is broken---he broke his first bone.
Clavicle.
How? Um....as best as we can tell based on reports from our 3 year old, he fell out of his bed around 1 or 1:30 in the morning, and fell onto the hardwood floor. He cried. We woke up. Never heard any kind of "thud". Hubby went to check on him after we heard the cries not followed by the pitter patter of little feet running toward our bed. The cry was an "I'm hurt" cry. We asked him "what hurts?" He said, "my ears hurt when I laugh. We thought---ear infection. Dosed him with Motrin, and got him comfy in our bed. This morning---new story, and he wasn't using his arm.
X-ray showed break in the clavicle at an angle from top to bottom.
POOR BUDDY! He's in a tiny sling and it's even still a bit too big.

And then there's me: barely hanging on. And I quote: "Mom, it's me. Send drugs. Send lots & lots of drugs."
My mom: "For you or for Gage?"
Me: "For all of us. I think we could all just use a big ol' dose of whatever you've got!"

Think Happy Healing Thoughts, and send 'em our way!

Another "First" for Baby Gage
1/11/9: first broken bone.

:(

Labels:

24 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I am fairly certain that you didn't mean to say your husband is broken.....but Gage. I feel so sorry for the little guy!

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

R---
you are so very right.
that's what I get for not proofreading!
My mom just called me;
"I think you need to re-read your blog."
"why?"
"you wrote, 'my husband is broken. he broke his first bone...according to our 3yo, he fell out of his bed. he cried.'"

...oh, we all had a good laugh about that.

......at least we had SOMETHING to laugh about today!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Oh No!!!!! Broken bone. I am shocked that Zakary has not broken anything yet. Gage is one ahead of him.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Poor baby, poor mama! I broke my clavicle in the bathtub when I was tiny and I remember nothing. Hopefully he won't remember it, too!

 
At 3:26 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Poor little man....hope he heals well.

Sending lots and lots of healthy, healing vibes.

 
At 4:14 AM , Blogger Aubs said...

Poor Baby boy! Definintely sending LOTS of Happy Healing thoughts your way!

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger Beth said...

May it not be the first of many!
Sending healing thoughts...

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

that is so funny that you mentioned the roseola. after camden saw the doctor friday, i called them back because i remembered something that could be very helpful. on christmas day, he was around a cousin that had roseola. i totally forgot about it and when his fever wouldn't break it made me think that maybe that's what it is. BUT his fever finally broke and there isn't a rash yet so i'm not sure. how long did it take gage's rash to appear?? where was it on his body and what did it look like? camden does have a rash on his right cheek but it just looks like eczema irritation. thanks for all your kind comments and helpful advice.

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Sorry Gage broke his bone! I am also sorry your not doing so good! I will be praying for you!
Hope you ALL feel better! :)

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG! I'm so sorry! Hope little Gagie poo heals quickly!

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor little guy. My dad broke his collar bone when he was about that age -- his twin brother (the instigator) got him to crawl on top of the china cabinet.
I hope Gage heals quickly.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Ouch!

Hope Little Guy gets better soon!

Sending hugs!

 
At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Baby! Well, in Jesus name it's gonna heal the proper way and not cause him anymore pain.

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

Whoops! Poor Cage, I hope he isn't in too much pain.

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, poor little buddy!!!! I hope that he isn't in a lot of pain.

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Daddy M said...

Oh, poor Gage! How horrible! Hope he feels better soon.

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Poor Gage, I hope he feels better soon. Yay, Internet again!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh goodness! I hope he heals soon...no worse feeling for a mom than when your little one is hurt. Hope things pick up for you soon!

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

hope you're all feeling well. i can imagine you prob'ly hurt as badly as him.

here's hoping he bounces back quickly.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Love said...

awww...poor little guy.
hope you're both feeling better!

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Poor little guy!

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, that is a milestone- just not the kind of one you want.
Hang in there.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Feel better soon, Gage!

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger angie said...

Poor little guy! He'll be all healed up in no time!! But I hope he starts feeling better really soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home